Medsupps Telesales, is that easy?

what percent of agents that do supps do it remotely at home?
how do you find the clients that are t65?

I can’t give you a percentage of agents who work this way. When I began transitioning to Med Supps (around 2005-2006), I first just started helping existing clients. I eventually started buying internet leads and did that for maybe a year. The leads just started getting bad and I felt I was wasting time and money on them.

I work solely by referral now. And by referral I don’t mean I get a list of names from clients and call them. I get a call from a person who was referred by an existing client. It makes the sales process fairly simple since they already trust me. I still go on the occasional appointment, but 95% or more of my business is done over the phone and electronically.

So, it really depends on how you market.

If you market outbound, it's harder because you build a lot of trust. Even more so than in person because they may never meet you.

Inbound, it's exponentially easier. They already trust you.

I do outbound letters that require people to contact me, content marketing, and referrals. I get a few leads a week and the amount that I actually work I close decently.

I've only done this for about 9 months (multiple inbound lead sources) and I work maybe 10 hours a week. I close accordingly.

"Easy" is subjective..

Caveat: been an agent for 18 yrs.

100% referral started 13 yrs ago.

100% phone / online starting 5 years ago

I write 10 med supps a month with no effort. Half are pre sold phone calls from client referrals. The other half come from my ACA book who T65.

Most agents are missing the ACA pipeline to Medicare transition. I would say 500 med supp clients came from ACA, or IFP before ACA.

I win their hearts between age 60 to 64. I easily have another 200 T65 over next few years embedded in my book.

Long live the complexity (and funding) of obamacare

Caveat: been an agent for 18 yrs.

100% referral started 13 yrs ago.

100% phone / online starting 5 years ago

I write 10 med supps a month with no effort. Half are pre sold phone calls from client referrals. The other half come from my ACA book who T65.

Most agents are missing the ACA pipeline to Medicare transition. I would say 500 med supp clients came from ACA, or IFP before ACA.

I win their hearts between age 60 to 64. I easily have another 200 T65 over next few years embedded in my book.

Long live the complexity (and funding) of obamacare

Maybe I should start doing ACA again but only target 62 -64 .I will market it as Oldbama Care .

Back