MGA Underwriter Slow

InsuranceESQ

How long does it take for your MGA underwriter to respond to your quote requests? I work with local MGA that is fairly large in my area. Of course, I have an assigned underwriter. Typically, it takes her about two days or more to quote (HO in NYC). I asked for a quicker response (explaining that apps get cold if it takes too long to respond) but she says her volume of agents is high and she responds as quickly as possible.

I don't want to potentially ruin a relationship by going to her management so before I do-- How long does your MGA underwriter take? Is this typical in the industry?

Pissed-- I sent a quote request yesterday for one application with one carrier and she didn't even respond with an e-mail receipt confirmation. How long can it take to provide a single carrier quote? :mad:

Look for another MGA. Although we avoid going thru an MGA as much as possible whenever we have no choice we send it out to several of them since some are faster than others. Try to get direct appointments with the carriers that offer your target market.

sign up with 4 or 5 new MGA's and send them all quotes and time them, compare rates, then drop back to 2 main ones...

The majority of them all have the same companies they use, so its just who will service you better, since your new to them, they should respond quicker so they earn your business

How long does it take for your MGA underwriter to respond to your quote requests? I work with local MGA that is fairly large in my area. Of course, I have an assigned underwriter. Typically, it takes her about two days or more to quote (HO in NYC). I asked for a quicker response (explaining that apps get cold if it takes too long to respond) but she says her volume of agents is high and she responds as quickly as possible.

I don't want to potentially ruin a relationship by going to her management so before I do-- How long does your MGA underwriter take? Is this typical in the industry?

Pissed-- I sent a quote request yesterday for one application with one carrier and she didn't even respond with an e-mail receipt confirmation. How long can it take to provide a single carrier quote? :mad:

I agree with f150. If you are in NYC then you have access to multiple mga since carriers are not appointing. I will send ho apps to 2 or 3 of them resulting in 4 to 5 quotes. Hope is helped. Good luck.

Back