Missouri RX, No More Enrollments.

Applications post marked after July 1 will be refused.

When I called they said it's a freeze due to state budget constraints, and this halt is open-ended.

If they've truly shanked the program that's too bad, as the 50% reduction in prescription costs really helped those just outside the LIS income/asset limits, and for agents it was a great door opener.

Please check out Missouri Senate Bill 754 below:

SB754 - Modifies provisions relating to health care -- please click Ctrl F on your keyboard and then type Rx
This will allow you to see that MO Rx has been extended. I’ve copied and pasted the information below:

MO RX PRESCRIPTION DRUG PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY CHANGES(SECTION 208.790)

This act provides that applicant household income limits for eligibility shall be subject to appropriations, but in no event shall applicants have household income that is greater than 185% of the federal poverty level for the applicable family size for the applicable year as converted to the MAGI equivalent net income standard. The Department of Social Services shall promulgate rules outlining standards for documenting proof of household income.

MO RX PRESCRIPTION DRUG PROGRAM EXPIRATION DATE EXTENSION(SECTION 208.798)

This act extends the expiration date of the MO RX Prescription Drug Program from 2014 to 2017.

Here are some additional news articles that talk about the Missouri Rx program being extended as well:

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon expands Missouri Rx program - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Missouri governor signs health care expansion

Gov. Nixon Signs Bill to Reauthorize Missouri Rx Program - Top News - InsuranceNewsNet.com

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.: Missouri governor signs health care expansion | Business | Modesto Bee

----------

I just found out directly from Missouri Rx by calling 800-375-1406 that the program is still NOT allowing new MO Rx applications to be accepted until the suspension is lifted. I also verified with the rep that the MO Rx program is being extended until 2017, but no new MO Rx applications are able to be accepted until the suspension is lifted.

Just wanted to give you the rest of the story.

Hopefully the suspension will be lifted soon.

So are they changing the income allowance to magi from gross income? Also what is 185% of poverty level expressed in dollars for single and married person?

Back