Mortgage Protection Mail Campaign

Lowcountry 42

Expert
It seems their are strong opinions on whether a post card or a letter is better. I have just applied for my BRM permit and will start designing the mailer tommorow, I know when I refinanced my house I got several letters, I'm thinking of mailing a postcard with a perforated BRM mailer any opinions on what has a better return rate letter or postcard. I'm going to mail to targeted lists of new homeowners/mortgages and do the mailing myself.

Some folks will want to pick up the phone. You can get an answering service like answeramerica.com to take calls 24 hours a day for $1/call and get an account with vitelity.com to get a number to point directly at it. $55 upfront (20 minimum with AA and $35 to fund your account with Vitelity) and it costs almost nothing to keep. 800 numbers are $1.50 to setup and $1.50/month (comes out of your initial deposit) and local numbers are $1 to setup and $1/month. When people call in you pay a penny or two a minute, but it's billed in one second increments so you could get hundreds of calls before ever having to put another dollar into that account.

Bottom line: For $55 you can be setup to get up to 20 live calls answered so you can capture their information immediately, any time, day or night. Maybe no one will take you up on it, but it can make a difference.

After doing all the research I can stand I've decided to do a personalized letter with my phone #, fax#, info and a BRM envelope with my name and office address as the return. I'm hoping the local and personal touch will help the response rate, I'll also doorknock some of the non-responders. Any thoughts from experienced agents that do their own mailings?

I believe that depends well on the situation. But I would still go for postcards rather than the letters. Letters do consume much time.

The post card you flip over and read and that is easy. The letter you actually have to open. I read all the cards. The letters I dump in the can. I did just open a letter from a Farmers agent claiming he could save me hundreds.......Sure pal!

Back