Mostchoice.com

john_petrowski said:
You should farm it out. I do. I'm just calling now because my marketer is out of commission for two weeks. But new agents who don't have any marketing money should absolutely be calling.

It's easier to filter this stuff out in the life and retirement planning stuff I do, but I would advise you call your "Glengarry" prospects yourself personally and maybe even slip in "I usually have someone else make most of my calls" to add a little importance in their mind. Just an idea.

Re: Got it

cadylou said:
I do call myself John, but I want to offload some if I can afford to since telemarketing is not the business I'm in & is the think I like the least about selling. Calling is ok, but cold calling has never been my favorite.

I can force myself to do it & I know you have to do a good portion to survive, but why not offload as much of the undesireable work as possible?

It would be equivalent to you doing all of the administrative work yourself when your real contribution & profitable skill sets lie in other activities. Go with your strengths is my motto & get prospects from a number of sources - not just one.

Great post. I used to cold call because I had to. I was broke coming into this industry and couldn't afford marketers. I'm not broke anymore and don't really enjoy cold-call telemarketing. I can get into it a bit once I start making calls but more often than not I find excuses not to make any calls.

There are three main reason agents fail in this business:

1) Not getting enough leads
2) Not getting enough leads
3) Not getting enough leads

If I'm going to survive in this industry, I am going to have to employ a telemarketer. I find myself doing anything and everything to avoid cold calling. My question to those of you that have used a telemarketers is:

Do you provide leads for them & if so what kind? (Some just have them call the phone book run against the DNC list.)

Back