Moving to California and Would Like to Start a Insurance Agency... What Will Be Needed for the Follo

mo0s3

Hello and thanks before hand..
I am currently in the process of relocating to california and would like to see what is would take to get appointed with multiple companies and who would be the best or easiest to do so..
I will need to get licensed in California, I do not know if I will just have to pay a fee or if there is a whole new set of tests I would have to take ?
So from what I have read around on is I will need a 10k Bond, E&O Insurance.. and if you can help me with different companies to get appointments with I will be greatly indebted to you !
Again thank you for your help !

Mo0s3, to answer your question about getting a California license no...you do not have to test again, but you will need to pay fees. They will probably run your fingerprints, etc. Best thing to do is to look on their state site or call their insurance dept. They will be able to get you started.

Check in the get started selling insurance section and read my guide for new agents. I talk about appointments and licensing among other things.

Actually, I think you have to do the ethics class to move a license from non-resident to resident. Not sure though, never did it, just recall something strange along these lines.

For carrier appointments, what part of CA? To be honest, most carriers are not actively looking to bring on new agents, though if you have experience, good loss ratios, strong premium growth, etc, they may refer you to an agency. Its a tough market right now.

Dan

Ncagent thanks for all the info , it would be Southern California !
I would be moving into a area that will be huge for referrals. I just want to get everything in order so I can hit the ground running ! From what I understand progressive is always looking to appoint new people , the company I am with at the moment will not allow me to be appointed so ill have to drop my book of business here in Nevada !
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I will look into the ethics class , I am still waiting to hear from the California DOI

Last edited:
Back