My first life sale? BGA? FMO? Need HELP!

I have said before I'm not a fan of Bisys (Crump) because they don't care about the one on one agent relationship. They are the Sam's Club of BGA's. I will plug my company here and say that we pride ourselves on the relationship. We have the same products and same commissions as Bisys, but if you need me you can call me on my cell phone at 10:30 on Saturday AM. Try that with Bisys.

I have said before I'm not a fan of Bisys (Crump) because they don't care about the one on one agent relationship. They are the Sam's Club of BGA's. I will plug my company here and say that we pride ourselves on the relationship. We have the same products and same commissions as Bisys, but if you need me you can call me on my cell phone at 10:30 on Saturday AM. Try that with Bisys.

Your home page does not render well with Firefox on the Mac. It renders a bit better with Safari. Your newsletter has some overlapped text on both. For 99% of agents this is not important because most use Windows IE.

As I posted several months ago, I had a hell of a time getting anyone from Bisys/Crump to talk with me. That has changed.

The guy out here (in Sacramento) calls me, is always available, and seems to know his stuff. I went to a seminar of theirs about 3 weeks ago and the regional manager admitted quite candidly that they had poor service the past two years they were owned by Citibank but now that they are a private company again they don't have to "answer" to anyone and can do what they want and allocate the recourses necessary to service. Time will tell.

All things being equal, I think I'd like to deal locally. What can a GA rep in Tenn. know about the market here in Sacramento? What contacts can he/she have? What leads might he give me if so disposed? This is a hard biz and you want to take advantage of every opportunity or bit of help you can get. I would think that a good GA in your local area can be of more assistance than one 3,000 miles a way... but I'm open to the idea that I may be wrong.

Al(ice)
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

Al,
I swear by CPS Insurance Services | 800-326-5433. I started with Bysis and they let me down...They were just to big, I felt lost in the bunch.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with a guy who takes care of me over there (if you're not already set up). He actually called me 2 weeks ago when I was evacuated from my home in Lake Arrowhead to make sure I was ok. He knows his stuff and will send you what ever sales materials you need.

Al,
I swear by CPS Insurance Services | 800-326-5433. I started with Bysis and they let me down...They were just to big, I felt lost in the bunch.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with a guy who takes care of me over there (if you're not already set up). He actually called me 2 weeks ago when I was evacuated from my home in Lake Arrowhead to make sure I was ok. He knows his stuff and will send you what ever sales materials you need.

Thanks. I've been in touch with a local CPS guy. I've just not decided whom I want to go with for what carrier... and right now I don't really have the business. It's just that I'm planning a staged de-emphasis on health and more on life next year... perhaps LTC... or maybe life settlements.

I like health but in my so-called "peer group" I'm finding more people who need help with life, buy-sell, key-man, annuities, LTC and similar stuff. We'll see what next year brings with any healthcare reform in CA. Sooner or later health will be as much as a commodity as home/auto is.... or I could be wrong... but that's what my tea-leaves are telling me.:yes:

Al(ice)

Back