National Life Living Benefits

jcorr

Super Genius
I'm trying to find out what exactly are the living benefits for National Life. I keep seeing that the have the "best" but it's really hard to find out what they actually do have. The one or two things I've found they just seem to be labeling some benefits a different name but other carries also cover the same benefits.

52363112_10215601431222149_7755025677308395520_n.jpg

Hopefully you can see this image. They are right up there with ANICO, however ANICO has limits to age 65 for chronic and critical illness - especially here in CA.

I believe NLG has better benefits for those age 66+ in CA.

52363112_10215601431222149_7755025677308395520_n.jpg

Hopefully you can see this image. They are right up there with ANICO, however ANICO has limits to age 65 for chronic and critical illness - especially here in CA.

I believe NLG has better benefits for those age 66+ in CA.
Not directed at you DHK, but for anyone looking at this chart for chronic illness, "discount" is much worse than dollar for dollar.

Would you expound on that some?
Dollar for dollar means that the full face is available for chronic illness.

"Discount" means that the policy is liened based on severity of illness, life expectancy, interest rates, and other stuff.

Meaning, if you withdraw 10k from a "discount" policy for chronic illness, your DB may be reduced by 20k.

Notice how all of the dollar for dollar policies have an added cost and the "discount" policies are "FREE!"

You get what you pay for.

They did great by one of my clients and one of my good friends client also. I know there are other good companies, but NLG/LSW provide excellent living benefits for sure.

I would like to hear some opinions on straight CI compared to living benefits in a term life policy. For the same amount of $$ you can get a much higher payout in a "severe" illness situation in the life policy. Also, the life policy goes away so it shouldn't be relied on for their total needed. But I'm wondering if the defined amount is better than an amount based on the severity of the illness.

Back