National Western???

Ok I didn't know if I should post this here or in the Senior section.
I know a broker who is working with an insurance agent that works with an elder law attorney. They help package people's money up for medicaid lookback, and put it into a product thats like an IFT.
I don't have the whole story about their product, but they go through National Western, and I wanted to know if anyone (insuranceexec) knows anything about them??
The commission level I heard is 13% which seemed kinda high.
Any info would be grateful.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
National Western Life Ins. Co.

i think this might be their site...

Last edited:
I got your email and you can call me tomorrow if you like. National Western and American National (ANICO) are owned by the same company, and are both good companies based in Texas.

The strategy that I am familiar with is putting the money into one of their particular products and annuitizing the money and allowing the Community spouse to keep the income.

This can be done with a number of different companies, and is not exclusive to just National Western.

What makes National Western unique is their high commission. Since the client will be annuitizing relatively soon; there is no real concern with long term growth, but rather stability for payouts. I hope this helps.

I got your email and you can call me tomorrow if you like. National Western and American National (ANICO) are owned by the same company, and are both good companies based in Texas.

Both are owned by members of the Moody family but I didnt think they had anything to do with each other, I actually thought one (National Western) was open out of spite when there was some kind of falling out between brothers.

I could be wrong but that is what I thought.

Both are owned by members of the Moody family but I didnt think they had anything to do with each other, I actually thought one (National Western) was open out of spite when there was some kind of falling out between brothers.

I could be wrong but that is what I thought.

They both have the same UW requirements and share the same medical director; much like North American and Midland.

The family history you listed could very well be the case; I couldn't say one way or the other.

Latest posts

Back