Need a Market for GL for GC or Proj F=Mgr on Large

mbr82769

Have a project mgr who subs out all work on water & sewer lines for large developments. Cant find market under min premium $75,000 he just oversees this project in each development. State of Pennsylvania
100% subcontracting , he does no actual contractor work.

Any one know of any market(s) for this type of risk?

Does he have current insurance? If not...he probably is being forced to get it for a project andddddddddd then you know what happens what that's done.

I would go E&S. How many years in the industry does the insured have?
Do you use any wholesale brokers...? AmWINS, Scottsdale, RT Specialty, Brown & Riding

Does he have current insurance? If not...he probably is being forced to get it for a project andddddddddd then you know what happens what that's done.

Erie non renewed 12/25/15 due to percentage of subs and being a Gen Contractor. He feels he qualifies for project manager as he does absolutely no work just oversees, hires, fires and pays them through GC's payments to him. Tried two other brokerages and they reached out to Bella?, Gemini? and the other brokerage wouldnt even touch it due to housing developments having over 100 - 300 homes per track. I ran out of resources for him.

----------

Thank you guys for all your help.
Erie non renewed 12/25/15 due to percentage of subs and being a Gen Contractor. He feels he qualifies for project manager as he does absolutely no work just oversees, hires, fires and pays them through GC's payments to him. Tried two other brokerages and they reached out to Bella?, Gemini? and the other brokerage wouldnt even touch it due to housing developments having over 100 - 300 homes per track. I ran out of resources for him.
Thank you for the link... I will check that out.

IF this isn't something you write frequently, you should probably find someone who does and refer it to them. Take a commission split and move on.

Sounds like a tough risk, but to someone who deals with GC's all day they will take this in stride.

But the insured better be ready for a wake up... the days of a $750 Erie policy are gone. Probably more like a $10 to $15 rate on gross sub-costs. And a minimum premium of $7,500.

If it was NY I would be happy to try and help you.

Back