Need a Med Sup for a Male Turning 65

capnjim01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Male turning 65 in October, taking a lot of medication and will probably have to have a pacemaker within the next 5 years, living in Texas.

Whats going to be the best sup for him. Price is always a concern but which one will pay the best?

Male turning 65 in October, taking a lot of medication and will probably have to have a pacemaker within the next 5 years, living in Texas.

Whats going to be the best sup for him. Price is always a concern but which one will pay the best?

All supp pays exactly the same, no difference in benefits if they are the same plan letter (G, F etc.) Rates depend on zip code, New Era usually comes up among the lowest from my experience in working with TX folks. If you need help writing the case let me know.

Pays the same no matter which company. Plan F pays the best at 100% on Medicare approved charges. Plan G is usually the best buy.

MAPD verses MediGap, with the initial results of your statements you should study on needs of a client. Yes, it cost more for MS and the PDP is stand alone. The overall outcome for a sick person is establishing a budget which you can do with a supplement. A MAPD can cause you to mortgage the farm due to the cost!

Sounds like prescriptions is the most important thing here and many times the integrated PDP in mapd is superior to the stand alone drugs plans.A pacemaker will have a 150-500 co pay on mapd plans so an mapd plan may be a viable option if providers are in network or client is flexible.

As far as med supps in Fl plan N is almost always the best value but the cost of the med supp in this case seems to be insignificant compared to getting the client the right pdp plan.

Ok I was give a few quotes.

Manhattan Life plan F $147.58
Cigna F $130.01

Manhattan Life G $108.75
Atena G $112.62

I think I'm going with Atena the rep said they would be more stable on pricing, what do you guys think.

As far as prescriptions everything is generic execept one and for right know I'm getting that free.

Back