Need Advice Asap!

So, Nov 8th a state farm insured hit my car just about head on. caught my entire drivers side of my car. now, i have an 86 bmw and it has the original paint state farm did nothing until dec 14th when i had court but i was not even notified that the court date had been moved to the 6th of december. So even tho their insured hit my car and got the ticket state farm did nothing until he was found guilty of the ticket. Which they didnt even know until i informed them that he was found guilty of failure to maintain his vehicle. After that state farm took my car to a garage i made them take it to another. They wouldnt paint my car, except for the damaged area and both shops said they wouldnt be able to match the paint. So back to sqaure one i told them i didnt want a two toned color car and they said they arent obligated to paint anything except the damage areas. Then told me to wait and see if they could total the car. The car was "declared" a total loss for 2 months. Now a week ago they say that the car is repairable and they sent me a check for the damages 2246.53. That does not include my windshield that was busted from the collision!! so i go to pick up my car cause im gonna fix it myself. and I HAVE TO PAY 500 DOLLAR STORAGE FEE because state farm would not pay it. so i talked to a lawyer he said sue them for the other half of the car that needs to be painted, the windshield, and the 500 dollars storage fee. any advice before i go through with this? IF ANYONE HAS STATE FARM I WOULD CHANGE AUTO INSURANCE COMPANIES IMMEDIATLY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT GREEDY F****ING A**HOLES! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE LYING ABOUT CALLING ME BACK AND NEVER DID I HAD TO CALL EVERYDAY TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO TOLD ME THE SAME THING EVERYDAY!

They wouldnt paint my car, except for the damaged area and both shops said they wouldnt be able to match the paint. So back to sqaure one i told them i didnt want a two toned color car and they said they arent obligated to paint anything except the damage areas.

That is pretty standard........

Then told me to wait and see if they could total the car. The car was "declared" a total loss for 2 months.

That is the last thing you want to happen.......insurance company's do not insure cars that have been deemed totaled........you really need to make sur that does not tag you down the line.....

im gonna fix it myself. and I HAVE TO PAY 500 DOLLAR STORAGE FEE because state farm would not pay it. so i talked to a lawyer he said sue them for the other half of the car that needs to be painted, the windshield, and the 500 dollars storage fee. any advice before i go through with this?

well probably cheaper than than hiring a lawyer to get that money back.....but if you have pre~paid legal you could have them send a scarry letter for cheap...........

So, Nov 8th a state farm insured hit my car just about head on. caught my entire drivers side of my car. now, i have an 86 bmw and it has the original paint state farm did nothing until dec 14th when i had court but i was not even notified that the court date had been moved to the 6th of december. So even tho their insured hit my car and got the ticket state farm did nothing until he was found guilty of the ticket. Which they didnt even know until i informed them that he was found guilty of failure to maintain his vehicle. After that state farm took my car to a garage i made them take it to another. They wouldnt paint my car, except for the damaged area and both shops said they wouldnt be able to match the paint. So back to sqaure one i told them i didnt want a two toned color car and they said they arent obligated to paint anything except the damage areas. Then told me to wait and see if they could total the car. The car was "declared" a total loss for 2 months. Now a week ago they say that the car is repairable and they sent me a check for the damages 2246.53. That does not include my windshield that was busted from the collision!! so i go to pick up my car cause im gonna fix it myself. and I HAVE TO PAY 500 DOLLAR STORAGE FEE because state farm would not pay it. so i talked to a lawyer he said sue them for the other half of the car that needs to be painted, the windshield, and the 500 dollars storage fee. any advice before i go through with this? IF ANYONE HAS STATE FARM I WOULD CHANGE AUTO INSURANCE COMPANIES IMMEDIATLY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT GREEDY F****ING A**HOLES! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE LYING ABOUT CALLING ME BACK AND NEVER DID I HAD TO CALL EVERYDAY TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO TOLD ME THE SAME THING EVERYDAY!

If the other party is at fault their insurance carrier is obligated to make you whole. Unless there are mitagating circumstances you should pay nothing out of pocket. There should be no loss and no gain on your part. Stick to your guns with State Farm and if they don't come through get an attorney. Being a third party claim all is in your favor.

Back