Need carrier for cancer insurance

Link is http://www.gtlic.com

I called and they don't sell any health products in CA.

Thanks anyway,

Al

That's because their Critical Illness plan is a life product! Ask for their term with Critical Illness rider. I pretty much use GTL and a little MOO (Mutual of Omaha) for my CI carriers. I've found that most stand alone cancer plans don't pay enough for what is needed. And yes, based on the cost of treatment I do believe everyone should have a good cancer/CI policy. Fact is, most people don't take into play that you most likely will not be working if you get a life threatening cancer, same goes for a stroke and heart attack. Where is the money coming from? Savings? RIIIIIGHT!! Most don't have a savings fund. Who's going to pay the mortgage? Put food on the table? Pay for meals and lodging for family when they visit you? Most importantly, who's going to pay your health insurance premiums? That lapses your SOL if you develop a critical illness. Who do you think the bankruptcy rate is so high with medical bills?

It's a damn easy sell once you get the facts and learn how to sell it!!

If you want you can call a client of mine who just got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last month. I put her on a GTL policy with a $25,000 face, I'm sure it'll come in handy now that she can't work due to being drugged up, tired and not able to work.

I put her on a GTL policy with a $25,000 face, I'm sure it'll come in handy now that she can't work due to being drugged up, tired and not able to work.

I got their agent brochure on the term product with crit. illness. What does the "rate per $1,000 of coverage" table mean. For example at age 50 the rate is $21.67. So if you wanted $20,000 of coverage it would be 21.67 x 20 or or $433? Is that a month or year or what?

Next they have a long Money Purchase Table where they have under the $40 column, 15,907 for age 50. How do these tables correlate? On the phone the guy told me that $40 a month will get you $15,907 worth of coverage if you are 50. That can't be right. Any help is appreciated.

Al

Its a 10 yr term policy with a rider.

Does this make sense for a 50 year old who already has plenty of life insurance and just wants a cancer policy? I'm not arguing... just asking.

Al

Probably not.

That is why I am suggesting, not arguing, that you look at a health policy, such as the one from MoO.

The product is superior, the tax benefits of a health policy make it a clear winner over any life product with CI/Cancer riders.

Back