Need help with variable annuity purchased in 2002

If he needs a new product, is not even an issue to consider at this point. You need to correctly understand how the product works first.

IF a new product is in his best interest (it is very likely Allen is correct... I've been doing this for 11 years now) then he could likely do a 1035 exchange to a new product, assuming it would pass suitability.

To call something you know nothing about and obviously do not understand, a "trash product", is unprofessional and makes you seem immature. Dont talk trash when you dont even have your basic facts straight.

Last edited:
Everyone please get a life and quit beating a dead horse, will ya? I hate to break it to ya, but i do know more about the annuity contract than you do as i have the policy and current statements. I've also called Hartford to gather more facts as well. I have found a solution. No further input is needed. Thanks anyway.

I'm ignoring any other posts on this thread. Would be nice if i could find a way to DELETE my profile and this thread, i've searched high and dry. Tootles ..

10360691_10152844581764010_9034029736571038197_n.png

Everyone please get a life and quit beating a dead horse, will ya? I hate to break it to ya, but i do know more about the annuity contract than you do as i have the policy and current statements. I've also called Hartford to gather more facts as well. I have found a solution. No further input is needed. Thanks anyway.

I'm ignoring any other posts on this thread. Would be nice if i could find a way to DELETE my profile and this thread, i've searched high and dry. Tootles ..

I am waiving my invoices I planned to send you for all the accurate advice I tried to give you so you didn't run out & make a horrible decision for your grandfather (potentially exposing yourself to Elder abuse laws in your state).

Everyone in this thread was 100% professional to you, never was derogatory, never tried to try to sell a new product to you, gave you ideas on questions to ask, etc, etc.

To quote 2 idols "just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this............................and totally redeem yourself"

I'll just add this: If you want someone (who wasn't on this thread) to help you, I can highly recommend John L. Olsen, CLU, ChFC, AEP. He has written several books on annuities for both advisors and consumers.

He will (or may) charge you a fee for a consultation, but I would certainly consider his services at this stage.

Consulting services

Of course, you don't like me now, so check it out for what it's worth.

Wow. Offer help and advice, and what do I get? Judgment and criticism... from someone who clearly doesn't understand the product in question.

It is a dog eat dog world & DHK you seem to be wearing milk bone underwear-- Norm from cheers

Back