Need the pros opinions

R. Paul Aguirre

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am from an agency that's bread and butter is Trans, we are also an IMO with AIG and will be contracted with ING very soon. Where do you place these companies in terms of business you sell. Do you stay clear of them? Commissions low compared to other carriers? NOT SPAM!!! Seriously are any of these three your go to life Carriers?

Does your firm primarily sell term? If so, AIG has a very nicely priced term product. If you are doing more advanced cases, there are other carriers I would look to.

I agree with Joshril about AIG, they are great. Transamerica is also excellent. Currently placing a 69 year old male in a 20 year level term with them. They are the only carrier that I have that offers a 20 yr. LT for this age group. I've never used ING for life insurance products, but my IMO informed me that they are very competitive. Seems like you have some of the best.

Last edited:
I agree with Joshril about AIG, they are great. Transamerica is also excellent. Currently placing a 69 year old male in a 20 year level term with them. They are the only carrier that I have that offers a 20 yr. LT for this age group. I've never used ING for life insurance products, but my IMO informed me that they are very competitive. Seems like you have some of the best.

Thats what I thought but I just wanted to see what you guys had to say. By the way the Trans term goes up to age 70 for the 20 year. We do most of our UL through Trans, a lot of SR. clients. AIG is not as welcoming at certain age groups.

You are right on the mark with AIG not liking certain age groups. I have had problems with ING's underwriting department. Some weeks cases go right through other weeks, cases just sit there.

You are right on the mark with AIG not liking certain age groups. I have had problems with ING's underwriting department. Some weeks cases go right through other weeks, cases just sit there.

I have heard that about ING too. With Trans I have every underwriters direct phone number and direct email... As a case manager to me that is huge. Hopefully ING will not be as bad as I am hearing but we will see.

Thanks for the input.

Back