New Agent from CA

Nov 12, 2008

1. Warbird_CA

Warbird_CA New Member

Hello,
    I have just passed my CA exam and licence is pending. I think becoming a producer for an independent might be a good start for me...any thoughts?
    I have enjoyed learning about the business (and about chat room decorum) here. I hope I can contribute worthwhile topics in the future.

2. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Warbird? Did you go to Auburn? Got any kin that went there?

3. Warbird_CA

Warbird_CA New Member

nah...just a play on my name (Warren). Nice to meet you. I enjoy your comments and I hope I don't end up on the sharp end of one ;)

4. Marker77

Marker77 Expert

State:
    California
    Welcome Warren. I too am in So. Cal. Need any help, feel free to ask! Good Luck!

Marker77, Nov 12, 2008
  5. Warbird_CA

Warbird_CA New Member

thanks M7, here's one...
    I decided to take the Life Only exam. I'm noticing that many people are using their Health business to write Life.

Did I make a rookie mistake?

6. Warbird_CA

Warbird_CA New Member

I May Be New Here, But This Looks Like An Inappropriate
    Spam Message. I Was Just Looking For Some Advice As I Start My Business, Not A Pre-Packaged Solution.

but, thanks anyway...good luck with your recruiting.

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Guru

Uh, oh....

Somebody's gettin BANNED for SPAM!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mr. Bill, Nov 13, 2008
  8. Warbird_CA

Warbird_CA New Member

Wow...things happen fast around here!

Hey, Mr. B- perhaps you can give me your .02 about Independent vs. Captive? I'm beginning to get the picture by reading posts but would welcome your take.

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Guru

Ah, the best advice I can give (such that it is) for new members is to plan to spend a lot of time using the "search" feature of the forum. You can find out about GAs, FMOs, marketing strategies, all of it. Everyone comes with a different perspective, whether to sell life, health, disability, annuities, etc., so go get some cold ones and have some fun!

Mr. Bill, Nov 14, 2008
  10. Salary_Guard

Salary_Guard Expert

welcome to the forum! i am pretty new here also. there is a ton of great information here for all areas of insurance. i have been seaching the forums for a while, and am finding that the "similar threads" section at the bottom of the pages, is a great way to read up on more information, without having to scroll through the posts to see if there is something interesting.