New Agent Starting With Home Office in CA Seeking Guidance

ddomingu

I would like to get started selling insurance from my home office in Los Angeles, CA. Mainly looking to sell auto and home. I will do it full time and have about a monthly budget of $1,500.00 for expenses. I would eventually want to grow into an office. I have my P&C and worked with a State Farm agent for about 2 years. Here is what I have so far:

-Will probably use FSC rater and manager
-WebFSC for website
-Will generate leads online through website and maybe buy leads
-Network to bring in referrals

My question is about wholesalers, which if any connect with FSC?

Any guidance, recommendations, and advice will be greatly appreciated.

You may want to check with the wholesalers to make sure they don't offer their own rater. I went to work for an existing agency so I haven't used any of the wholesalers.

There are quite a few threads about insurance noodle, superior access, etc as well as a ton of threads about going independent. Make sure to read those. It would also be helpful to find an agent near you that could act as a mentor. Tough to find though without writing your biz through his agency.

U can get connected with progressive for auto, boat, etc. Also u can get McGraw to do home, condos with they are okay with rates.

Thanks for the advise. There is some much info here in the forums that it gets a little overwhelming and confusing at times.

One more questions. Are IMO's and clusters the same? If not what is the difference?

What would be some top IMO's or clusters that do business in CA?

McGraw? DO You mean Pacific Specialty?

I hate their policy, I try to avoid them at all costs, I dont like my rep here either, they have a bad taste in my mouth and would almost rather lose the business than write it with them.

not sure why, they just seem terrible.

I HATE them more than I hate progressive

Back