New Agt

Is there any place that rate the top carriers and brokers for NC. Also is there a source or reference for individuals wanting to start a small agency for the senior market?

Does anyone know anything about the possability of electronic signature? Selling from home would be nice! :-)

United Health Care supplies agents with a sign. pad, so you can take an app on a lab top or in the office, and than sync it with their system when you have access to be online.

I have a question, I signed with an FMO to sell only one product, however the support is horrible, I'm producing wrote business my very first day, I've been in sales for years that is not the problem, but when it comes to the insurance industry I'm very green to it. The old story of if I knew then what I know now....

I want to expand my portfolio of products. My goal is to sell myself and offer my clients choices, but this agency seems to be only interested in pushing one product. Not to mention they make me pay a huge amount for my leads, even so I'm making ok money so for now, I'm okay with that.

I don't mind being with an FMO, I just want to be with one who can provide me with training and support in exchange for me writing business I mean that is what the deal is supposed to be right? The FMO I signed with gives me nothing but empty promises. My so called manager has told me so many lies he can't remember what he's told me from the day before, but I'm too professional of a person to call him out on it. Not to mention there are no incentives, trips, large bonuses ect...I have friends in other lines of insurance and it seems like every quarter they are off to some free trip they got from doing their job very well.

So now that you have all heard my sob story my question is, Can I sign with another FMO since I only contracted with one carrier through my current FMO? If not, does that mean I'm stuck waiting six months with no policies written and no chargebacks before I can move on. O and by the way the contract I signed says NOTHING about a 6 month wait period but I've been told that this is industry standard. If I can sign with another FMO to sell other products, can I just stop writing or offering the products that I'm currently offering until the 6 mo wait is up and then sign another contract for that product with the new FMO?

okay that was way more than a question but any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Maybe electronic signature isn't the correct verbage. I am referring to selling over the phone and using a third party verifier to substitute the signature. This ables you to work from home without having to go out on the appointments. I have heard that some companies have started this and I just wondered if anyone has tried it or know anything about it.

Sorry Jen, thought you were talking about something else.

Rosey..As long as you have not sign a contract with your FMO about only selling there products you should be able to sign up with other companies where ever you wish. You would just need a release or 6 months no production for the company you are currently appointed with to be able to switch FMO's. Please feel free to look at our website or give me a call, we may be able to help you out depending on what products and companies you are looking for. Our website is JSAonline.com.

Hope this helps!

I beg to differ. Captive places will hire idiots in as managers as long as they have had some sort of sales background , or ass kissing background. I have seen it happen.

How true! I have been places that the managers were the most incompetent people there but they were the best suck ups. :arghh: In places like that you will find that the producers eventually all leave.

Sorry Jen, thought you were talking about something else.

Rosey..As long as you have not sign a contract with your FMO about only selling there products you should be able to sign up with other companies where ever you wish. You would just need a release or 6 months no production for the company you are currently appointed with to be able to switch FMO's. Please feel free to look at our website or give me a call, we may be able to help you out depending on what products and companies you are looking for. Our website is JSAonline.com.

Hope this helps!

Adam dont take this the wrong way... but if your gonna market here, then your gonna have to be ok answering some questions from some people who have been in the industry for a while....

Im just curious of the pay you give to your agents? Street? Below street with leads?

Do you release agents?

Are you an actual FMO? Or a Middle Man?

Do you require agents to assign commissions to the house?

Just wondering... Thanks...

Latest posts

Back