New CA Life CE Requirement:

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
I am actually ALL FOR THIS!! With the ongoing misrepresentations of IUL and other policies, I think this is a good step in the right direction.

Now the notice says it's for agents licensed after January 1st, 2024... but I believe it's for agents who continue to be licensed and renew their licenses after January 1st, 2024. Not 100% certain, but that would sound better to me.

1722374547970.png

1722374564507.png

1722374582026.png

1722374602277.png

1722374618387.png

I wonder if this also applies for non resident licences. Usually if you follow your home state CE, you are exempt from CA requirements

I wonder if this also applies for non resident licences. Usually if you follow your home state CE, you are exempt from CA requirements
If it's following the annuity CE precedent, I don't think you can be exempt from it when doing a policy sale for a California resident.

If it's following the annuity CE precedent, I don't think you can be exempt from it when doing a policy sale for a California resident.
So, carriers will have to police it like Annuity Best Interest, LTC CE, anti money laundering, etc. Otherwise, I cant imagine the State knows what agents & carriers sell cash value life like WL, UL, IUL, ROP, etc

Reactions: DHK
What's kind of funny is that California only requires 24 hours worth of CE credits every two years. Add up all the CE requirements and it's well over 24 hours.

I always knock-out my CE right after my license renews. Geez, that's a lot of required CE. (Okay, I did the 16 hour Ethics course because it's easy and included in an unlimited CE package with Sandi Kruise and that other 8 hour life policies CE was included with the CA 4-hour life policies course.)

If I was licensed and selling variable life, there'd be another two hour 2025 course on top of it and I'm pretty sure I still need a 2025 "best interest" annuity CE course that would replace the current 4-hour CE requirement.

1725471557860.png

Back