New Here

BKrocko I agree. This isn't eharmony. To answer your guys question, yes I do have more pictures. Will I share them? No. I am here trying to get as much information as possible on the insurance industry and to see what I am getting myself into. I am seeing alot of bad things about UA, but I am also seeing some good things. I guess I will never know till I try and hey if it falls through atleast I will have my license and I can move on to bigger better companies.

Why do you think UA would be good fit for your clients versus Golder Rule, Assurant, Aetna, Blue Cross? My experience has shown that you need several companies in your portfolio to meet different needs and health conditions.

Why do you think UA would be good fit for your clients versus Golder Rule, Assurant, Aetna, Blue Cross? My experience has shown that you need several companies in your portfolio to meet different needs and health conditions.

Absolutely! There is no "one size fits all" individual plan. Happy H - why are you leaning toward UA? I assume that you were approached by them via Monster.com or some other resume' board. Have they told you the old "make $100k" 1st year pitch? I also assume that you have been approached by Mega/Midwest/UGA/NAA just to mention a few others.

There is very little use for most of the limited non MM plans out there. That is not to say they don't have a place but it is very very limited. Have you read and do you understand their plan offerings? Having the correct health insurance policy in place when it is needed can be a matter of life or death - and at the very least, a matter of financial security vs total financial ruin. There is really no room in health insurance for mistakes - Unlike P&C insurance, where one policy is very similar to another and price/customer service dictates the choice.

You will need to be able to go to sleep at night and look at yourself in the mirror everyday knowing that your clients are protected with the best policy available to them.

The problem with being a health agent/broker is that there is almost no place for a new "green" agent to start and receive anything other than "one company, one product line" brainwashing. There are plenty of turn n burn outfits that will require you to put on blinders and go for the money but very few legit choices. To do this job correctly, you really need to be independant and self taught, you must be a student of the industry - :GEEK:there is a hugh learning curve and most of us do not make it. This forum is in my opinion, one of the best places you can start to learn. Having said that, remember, you need to be able to sort the wheat from the chaf - don't take as gospel everything you read.

Rule #1 - Any company that talks about all the money you can make more than the details of their plan - Run away, Run Forrest Run!

Hookie,

I started with Mega and got sucked into the whole pipe dream of 6 figure incomes. Needless to say, it did not happen.

If you are looking to make a career out of this, then I would find an IMO that offers leads unless you have a pipeline of some sort you can offer insurance to.

Good selling out there!

Thank you everyone for the input. I have been reading a lot, and the more I read the more I learn. I know I will probably end up making a "green" agent mistake but I am very resilient and can bounce back from anything. I have put my resume in with Aflac and a few other companies. What company would you work for? Just curious.

Back