New Independent Agent in Pittsburgh

My name is Lucas, I am 26.

I am new to the Insurance Business.
I graduated college in 2009 and have spent the past three years working residential construction and have a strong knowledge in Electrical Code for PA and the city of Pittsburgh.

I am newly licensed in P&C and have been working for an independent insurance group in Pittsburgh PA since April 2012.

I feel blessed to come across and join this forum.
I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

I am open to learning about insurance and welcome any comments, suggestions & wisdom as I am a newly licensed agent in PA.

- Lucas

Hello all! And thank you!
It seems the best nuggets of information I get are the ones when I come into the office!
Now!....Time to find customers in PA!
Also.
I'm finding out that people are a bit reserved in talking about insurance and personal information to someone my age (26).
With that said...I wonder if I should start praying for grey hair!!

You might try growing a beard or wear glasses. These would both make you look older. Another trick that I used when I was under 30 was making sure I used proper grammar in conversation.

WBF said:
You might try growing a beard or wear glasses. These would both make you look older. Another trick that I used when I was under 30 was making sure I used proper grammar in conversation.

I'm not sure that classifies as a "trick."

Good advice though.

Thanks for the advice peoples!
Unfortunately I was unable to support myself (aka make the sales) in the Independent Business world and I had to quit about 3 weeks ago unfortunately.
I suppose I may just have to wait for those gray hairs to come in!

Thanks again!

Back