New life accident and health agent

Just a little humor about rejection. I entered the life and health business in 1972. There was a motivational speaker back then by the name of Charlie "Tremendous" Jones. He was a manager with Mutual of New York and his agency produced mega millions of life insurance. I had a 33 LP record of his talk. He sounded like a Baptist Preacher. Charlie said one day he had a young man in his office who wanted to get in the life insurance business. Charlie asked the young man why he wanted to sell life insurance. He said the young man replied, "I love people." Charlie replied "Do you love people who hate you." I thought this was funny but guess you had to be there.

Just a little humor about rejection. I entered the life and health business in 1972. There was a motivational speaker back then by the name of Charlie "Tremendous" Jones. He was a manager with Mutual of New York and his agency produced mega millions of life insurance. I had a 33 LP record of his talk. He sounded like a Baptist Preacher. Charlie said one day he had a young man in his office who wanted to get in the life insurance business. Charlie asked the young man why he wanted to sell life insurance. He said the young man replied, "I love people." Charlie replied "Do you love people who hate you." I thought this was funny but guess you had to be there.

Charlie wrote a book, "Life is Tremendous." Excellent read for anyone in any walk. I listened to and watch some of his old stuff. What a guy. And what a HUG! I don't think he was a baptist preacher... but some day I'll be able to ask.

I would list him as one of my heroes... along with Zig, Rohne, and Tracy.

Thanks for the reminder.

jones-scans-2-085.jpg

If you can't be happy where you are, it's a cinch you can't be happy where you ain't.

-Charles ''Tremendous'' Jones

Charlie wrote a book, "Life is Tremendous." Excellent read for anyone in any walk. I listened to and watch some of his old stuff. What a guy. And what a HUG! I don't think he was a baptist preacher... but some day I'll be able to ask.

I would list him as one of my heroes... along with Zig, Rohne, and Tracy.

Thanks for the reminder.

jones-scans-2-085.jpg

If you can't be happy where you are, it's a cinch you can't be happy where you ain't.

-Charles ''Tremendous'' Jones

Charlie was great and I agree, right up there with Zig and Tracy. I have books and tapes by all three.

Back