New Marketing Concept. (Its all original)

Now, fellas, I don't plan to send anything to any dead person's family. I'm not that tasteless. I just planned on sending letters, or as was suggested by salpro, calling, people who were in accidents, who lived through them, and seeing if they are interested in reviewing their life coverage.

Dave

Now, fellas, I don't plan to send anything to any dead person's family. I'm not that tasteless. I just planned on sending letters, or as was suggested by salpro, calling, people who were in accidents, who lived through them, and seeing if they are interested in reviewing their life coverage.

Dave

Although going after somebody who just had an accident for business isn't the best time to discuss insurance products, you might want to think about it as a way to get your foot in the door for health insurance and cross sell life later down the road. Granted, it will take time to build up a pipeline because you already know that most of them will have to wait to switch carriers, but it is a thought. If not, get them some accident protection!

Your first card worked because it was sincere and not pushy. You're idea would work, but it needs some tweaking.

Have the card express some geniune concern about their accident, similar to what you did in the first card. Then simply offer to help them, something like:

"I know after an accident, you may have some questions about claims procedures, and how your coverages work. As a licensed, local, professional agent, feel free to call me and I'll work with you and your carrier to answer any questions you have, and to help streamline the claims process for you. This is a free service I offer for anyone in the community."

You will likely answer some questions for 'free', but rather than sounding like your being opportunistic with your timing of a card, you'll sound like you care about them as an individual, and that you are willing to step up in your profession to do the right thing.

Dan

Your first card worked because it was sincere and not pushy. You're idea would work, but it needs some tweaking.

Have the card express some geniune concern about their accident, similar to what you did in the first card. Then simply offer to help them, something like:

"I know after an accident, you may have some questions about claims procedures, and how your coverages work. As a licensed, local, professional agent, feel free to call me and I'll work with you and your carrier to answer any questions you have, and to help streamline the claims process for you. This is a free service I offer for anyone in the community."

You will likely answer some questions for 'free', but rather than sounding like your being opportunistic with your timing of a card, you'll sound like you care about them as an individual, and that you are willing to step up in your profession to do the right thing.

Dan

Now that's a great idea.! :idea:

This is what I love about this board. We can start with an idea, and through the combined expertise of the members, we can end up with a Marketable, possibly even Money Making Idea :).

Merry Christmas,
Dave

Nobody wants to buy life insurance. NOBODY.

I understand your trying to think out of the box, but seriously, how many people did you contact today to ask about their life insurance coverage? I'm not looking for an answer, but be honest with yourself. If the you have averaged under 30 conversations a day in the last week, then there is your problem. In my experience, I find many people receptive to life insurance if you just ASK enough people. Call and use this simple pitch:

"Mr. Prospect, Grady calling, do you have a minute? (Yes or What's this about?)

"I'm a local life insurance agent here in Anytown. Do you have any coverage currently?"

"Mr. Prospect, the life insurance industry has been changing the last couple years, would you have any objection to me stopping by to introduce myself?"

Okay, Delta, you have a point. I haven't been contacting enough people lately, and I do have one reason.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this on the board before, but aside of the trailer park, I have an interest in a real estate company which was founded by my grandfather.

My grandmother has been trying to manage it for some time, and not doing a good job of it. She called in my mom, who isn't a big real estate person, who told me that it would be greatly appreciated to take care of getting rid of some assets. So, I've been selling real estate for the past 3 months, and HATING it. I like my insurance career SO MUCH BETTER than the real estate business.

But, it is a difficult time for me, and so, when I get a chance to call 5 or 10 people, and get a unusually bad response, I do feel a little sorry for myself. I'm over it now ;)

Merry Christmas,

Dave

Here is what you should do, I did this in my photography days when I was gonna be a great Photo Journalist. Go out and get a good police scanner, stay up all night driving around and respond in real time! Heck after a while if you know the area you can beat the ambulance to the scene! Bring Coffee and Donuts for the Police Officers, if you can't get to the victims during the scene, simply follow the Ambulance to the Hospital! While the paramedics are wheeling the people in hand them your cards, Life Insurance, maybe set up a deal with an Attorney so you can hand them his card for a fee if they contact the Attorney. Then you can past them your Health Insurance Card, well maybe not, might be a tad late for that!

Oh, make sure you bring your camera. Papers and Attorneys will buy the picts if the accident is serious. Just don't blind the paramedics with your lights if using a Video Cam, found that out the hard way, they really don't like that.

Honestly, I didn't think you guys would think so badly of me because of this idea. I had something more in mind like what djs suggested, not the over-exaggerated ideas mentioned by some. But its all okay :)

Merry Christmas,
Dave

I have met some very successful agents who work "hand in hand" with realtors ! I personally wouldn't write off any of my connections with my realtor associates. Maybe you can devise a plan to get off selling the real estate, but keep the lead/referral stream coming from property transactions.

I actually think I'd rather work mortgage cancellation leads over recent accident victim leads anyhow. I like the fact that I already know they have disposable income and credit.

Back