New post office rates - unbelievable

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
I send all my policies out Priority for $4.05. Not today. Today it's $4.60. I cannot see any justification for that increase nor an increase yet again for letters - and now some odd rule about letter thickness and apparantley will greatly harm some businesses.

It all seems odd - the more business the post office looses the more they have to raise rates to compensate. So basically if I "punish" the postal service by using them even less, then the rates will go up even more.

For $4.86 I'll now be sending everything FedEx just to convey to the postal service exactly how I feel.

It's usually about 4-5 years before they have an increase. With gas the as high as it is rates are bound to go up. It's not that bad.

A two oz. letter is cheaper now than it was last week. They raised the rate of the first oz. by two cents, but lowered the second oz. buy enough to make it more economical to send 2oz mail. It's still more $ than one oz, but still a better deal.

Al

I send all my policies out Priority for $4.05. Not today. Today it's $4.60. I cannot see any justification for that increase nor an increase yet again for letters - and now some odd rule about letter thickness and apparantley will greatly harm some businesses.

It all seems odd - the more business the post office looses the more they have to raise rates to compensate. So basically if I "punish" the postal service by using them even less, then the rates will go up even more.

For $4.86 I'll now be sending everything FedEx just to convey to the postal service exactly how I feel.

If I understand your message correctly, you're telling the post office that you are willing to pay more, and until they raise their rates again, you won't use them.

I'm not sure that's the message you meant to send.

Flat rate priority mail is still a bargain. Since most priority mail is actually delivered the next day (if you use the USPS printed labels, and drop it off on time), it's still a great deal.

Dan

At $4.05 vs FedEx's $4.80 I just did USPS. Now at $4.60 I'll do FexEx. That's what I'm saying.

As for the client, coverage starts on the effective date the the 10 day free look doesn't start until they receive the policy. So whether or not they get the policy on Tuesday or Thusday is neither here nor there.

I'm curious, is this because they're trucks are prettier? Fedex has a cuter driver? (UPS rocks in my area for this). Or just because it's the post office?

I'm not sure I understand the pain point here. Of course, for me the post office is out my back door (if I had a backdoor in my office), so it's pretty easy. I know that's not always the case.

I've used all the carriers at one time or another. They all have an amazing training program to teach employees how to drive business away.

Dan

I can just open up a FedEx account and bill the account. For USPS I have to either wait in line or I can print a Priority lable and pay USPS to pick up my packets, or still wait in line. With FedEx I can just drop in in the drop-box near my house and I'm done with it.

Back