New State Exchange Section Coming

Sam

Founder
Administrator
We will have a new state exchange forum with sub-forums for every single state up and running within a day or so (Thanks Val). Please post any news or discussion that is specific to one state in the proper forum, once they go live.

Existing discussions that are state specific will be moved into the correct locations.

This way, we can aggregate all the relevant news, stories, rumors, and opportunities on a state by state basis.

Great idea, Sam! I think this will not only drive traffic and help us promote ourselves, but for those that are contracted in multiple states, but not all 50 (the vast majority of us), we won't have to wade through a ton of data that doesn't pertain to our specific strategies. Thanks!

Great idea, Sam! I think this will not only drive traffic and help us promote ourselves, but for those that are contracted in multiple states, but not all 50 (the vast majority of us), we won't have to wade through a ton of data that doesn't pertain to our specific strategies. Thanks!

But on the flip side of this is the fact a lot of information that will be pertinent to most of us will get buried in some obscure state exchange thread and not be read......not good. I think the point needs to driven home that if it is NOT state specific please do not post there.

Example: Agent knows something and lives and works in Maine posts something in the Maine page, very few other agents see it. We could have all benefited from this but we didn't know. How can we check 50 pages for info each day???

But on the flip side of this is the fact a lot of information that will be pertinent to most of us will get buried in some obscure state exchange thread and not be read......not good. I think the point needs to driven home that if it is NOT state specific please do not post there.

Example: Agent knows something and lives and works in Maine posts something in the Maine page, very few other agents see it. We could have all benefited from this but we didn't know. How can we check 50 pages for info each day???
I think it is pretty clear that Reform info goes to the reform forum. Iowa specific information goes to the Iowa forum. I think the intent of the state specific threads is for state specific info. Plenty of us will be at least trolling other states that can report posts that should be posted or copied into the reform forum. You are free to police whichever forums you want to. With the volume of participants, I am sure everything that needs to be shared with other states or the whole group will get shared. I have five states in my Norvax account and am licensed in more, so I will be patrolling several forums and I have no problem sharing information. With the web of agents we have here, I am sure others will do the same.

I think it is pretty clear that Reform info goes to the reform forum. Iowa specific information goes to the Iowa forum. I think the intent of the state specific threads is for state specific info. Plenty of us will be at least trolling other states that can report posts that should be posted or copied into the reform forum. You are free to police whichever forums you want to. With the volume of participants, I am sure everything that needs to be shared with other states or the whole group will get shared. I have five states in my Norvax account and am licensed in more, so I will be patrolling several forums and I have no problem sharing information. With the web of agents we have here, I am sure others will do the same.

What "we" think is clear, may not be so clear for others, especially if we start to get traffic from navigators and what not. Anyway, this is a good idea after exchanges release information and are up and running. But before that time I believe folks will post in their "Home State".

I think that would be best to start and agree that once exchanges at least start to release info like Cali, Fla and some other have, I think it will start to really pick up.

On the left side of each state, there's a little icon in the shape of a pillow. On my computer, the states with unread messages have a darker pillow than the others.

The forum has thousands of visitors, but relatively few posters. I don't expect that we'll be overwhelmed. The annoying part will be the multitude of agents trying to get onto Noah's Ark after the rain starts... and lighting up the pillows with basic questions about their state.

Great imagery, Allen. They've been taunting us about cruising on the Titanic, so this opposite wording is appropriate!

Oh my! I missed the Titanic taunting, Ann. You've come across fellow and lady insurance colleagues who are doubting ObamaCare's salability? :laugh: I suppose we'll all know in a few months, eh?
-Allen

I agree, and when does a thread ever stay on topic. The off topic comments is sometimes where the meat is.

Back