New to Insurance and Investments What to Do

JoKat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I joined wfg and see that here in the forums there is a lot said regarding this. As I look deeper into wfg I find many un-said facts.

What I have seen so far with wfg is as you all say. My up-line is not a lot of use to me except for filling out the applications. I have done better selling to the clients then they have. They are all about recruiting and getting that sell. The leader of the company teaches to sell sell sell and then recruit but my up-line teaches recruit recruit recruit then sell to the recruit.

They tell me to follow them but I can not sell something I know nothing about. I can not invite you to buy from my store if I don't know what I sell, but they explain to sell by this method: buy into my store and you can make money with me by getting others to buy into our store, even we don't know what we sell. We can always get others to make money with us.

I am learning a lot about the general life and health insurance products through the school, testing and from you all. I am a very good salesperson. I will do good.

For now I am just focusing on getting my life/health lic. I take my exam 5/31/13. I am sure I will pass, but still worry. Then I will sell sell sell. If someone wants to make money like me then I would recruit them and teach them my style. Or if I know someone that will invite many to hear my sales pitch and they can make a few $$$ from it so much the better. But to give $$$ they need to be licensed also, so the reason to recruit is there. Their $$$ is a reason to give referrals, but then just my sales personality can do that through my clients.

So I am so curious of all your opinions. I don't need sales education, I need product education.

I just learned today my up-line's office is 75 miles from my location. There are several offices between here and there. I would like to attend a location just 10 miles away but am not allowed to unless I transfer from my up-line to the up-line at the 10 mile location. So any training I will get I must travel 75 miles to get. That was not explained to me when I joined either.

It sounds like you are going on appointments to sell insurance. Why are you engaging in activity that requires a license when you don't have a license? Furthermore, why is your upline encouraging such activity?

That should tell you everything you need to know.

That's crazy that they "signed you up" and you don't even have an insurance license yet.

I would void everything with them and start new.

Just my opinion of course.

Yes there is a lot that I don't understand in the way they operate. I am a legal professional and a lot sounds fishy to me. I am not selling yet but if I had a client I would have a licensed up-line make the sale. I get no pay, but I do get the points for advancement in WFG.

Just that when I am out there discussing insurance (general not specific information) I find my ability to communicate the information of insurance in general terms to be better then my up-line.

It is just that I am learning about the pitfalls of WFG before I even get in to deep. Many things have been advised to me by WFG members that are not the same as what I learn to be.

DON'T TRUST WHAT SOMEONE TELLS YOU. You must learn on your own because they don't know either.

The old classic scam with WFG, Primerica, and other MLM/Networking Insurance Agencies. They rob their new down-lines blind by stealing all the down-lines' warm market before their down-lines are licensed. And they tell their down-lines it's "TRAINING". It's nothing new.

Forget about training from WFG and all those MLM insurance agencies. The blind are leading the blind. Many of those uplines don't know jack crap about products. Forget sales training, product training from them. It's all about stealing warm markets and tricking people to join so they can sell insurance to them.

On top of this...They tell you, you should be thankful for that pity 30% contract. They don't do anything for you but every time you sell, you only deserve 30% and they pocket the rest of the 70% or so commission.

I wanted to say this earlier but I didn't think you'd believe me. If I were you, I'd look elsewhere. Since you are not even license yet and have no appointment, you can easily just walk away while you still can.

Last edited:
Joanne:

I checked out out your website since you have linked it here. I have no idea why you linked that since it's not insurance related.

Since you did, I have one inquiry and a quick comment:

California might be different, but I wasn't aware a legal assistant (paralegal?) can "represent clients at administrative hearings". Is that true?

Also, I would correct many of the spelling and grammatical errors you have on there.

Just trying to be helpful!

:idea:

Joanne:

I checked out out your website since you have linked it here. I have no idea why you linked that since it's not insurance related.

Since you did, I have one inquiry and a quick comment:

California might be different, but I wasn't aware a legal assistant (paralegal?) can "represent clients at administrative hearings". Is that true?

Also, I would correct many of the spelling and grammatical errors you have on there.

Just trying to be helpful!

:idea:

Thanks for the pointers. Yes I can and have as a paralegal represented at administrative hearings and once I have obtained my insurance license I will include a page for that with my license number. For now it gives you the link to my Facebook business page where there is information on insurance. This forum will not allow me to have two links in my sig,.

Last edited:
Hmmm....sounds good to me! I always thought an attorney does the "representing" in a court room or hearing.

Oh, one other thing...and this is IMPORTANT:

I would take this down off the front page of your website:

Finanical Advisor

This is a sure way to eventually get into trouble. Plus, it's misspelled!

Last edited:
Hmmm....sounds good to me! I always thought an attorney does the "representing" in a court room or hearing.

Oh, one other thing...and this is IMPORTANT:

I would take this down off the front page of your website:

Finanical Advisor

This is a sure way to eventually get into trouble. Plus, it's misspelled!

Yes I corrected the spelling, but why would I be into trouble for that. If that is true I will remove it.

A financial adviser (or advisor) is a professional who renders financial services to clients. According to the U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), terms such as financial adviser and financial planner are general terms or job titles used by investment professionals and do not denote any specific designations.[1] FINRA describes the main groups of investment professionals who may use the term financial advisor to be: brokers, investment advisers, accountants, lawyers, insurance agents and financial planner

I am an accountant

Last edited:
I wonder just how many new agents have come to this forum saying "I'm with primarica, wfg, etc." and if they are even in the business a year later say how sorry they did that.

You can't fix stupid or teach someone that isn't willing to listen. You can only hope they learn sooner rather than later. (And you find a way to contact all their clients that have been screwed so you can rewrite them into the correct plan).

Rick

Back