New to the Board

rebhchad

Expert
hey everybody,, im new here.. would like to say hello to each and every one of you first of all..

im 32 yrs old.. just got my life insurance license 9months ago.. been working in preneed department at a funeral home for 7 months now.. and to be honest its not the money I was expecting, or told I would make.. the problem is the manager hired to many people for one location.. and there is just not enough business.. but no need to cry about it.

anyways..

ive really been thinking about getting into life insurance.. seems like everybody I talk to in the funeral home has life insurance.. would this be a smart move for me? preneed should be a great field to be in right now, considering baby boomers and all that.. but I feel that there would be a better future and better money in a life insurance job..

what's everybodys thoughts?

how long have you been in the business? I just feel like it would be a better move for me... better job, and prob more money..

13 months. Keep in mind there are several routes to go. Captive or independent. Some people just concentrate on final expense. Worksite is another option.

I'm doing all if them now as an independent.

yeah independent seems like best way to go.. I just cant deal with the funeral home atmosphere.. I mean its okay and I like everybody I wrk with.. just very slow and boring for the most part

What state are you in? Newby on here has a lot of contacts in the Preneed business.

I live in Tennessee..

Feel free to give me a call. My phone number is on my website. I've worked in your area a lot (Nashville/Murphrysboro) it is a great area for both preneed and FE.

You are in the heart of Dave Ramseyland. All those people who bought term and spent the difference are excellent prospects.

Feel free to give me a call. My phone number is on my website. I've worked in your area a lot (Nashville/Murphrysboro) it is a great area for both preneed and FE.

You are in the heart of Dave Ramseyland. All those people who bought term and spent the difference are excellent prospects.

sounds like I need to do that.. maybe you can rub some of that experience/knowledge on me through the phone.. thanks for all the info guys.. and newby ill be in touch.. ill shoot you a pm when I get around to calling you so it wont be random.

Back