New to this Forum

John Williams

Hometown Quotes are scam artist. You will regret using this service.
I purchased home leads only but was provided mostly auto and renters leads which are half the price. Some were weeks old and sold to me as if they were new. When I rejected the leads nothing was done until they were about to charge my card again. The replacement leads were also renters and old auto leads. After I cancelled my account the denied all of the rejected leads. It appeared they intended to keep as much of my money as they could. If you purchase anything from Hometown Quotes you should expect the same.

Sincerely,
John Williams

Hi Thomas,
I agree but I'm not bothered by lead quality. I understand a few will slip thru the cracks. What bothers me is not receiving what I paid for. If I paid for a home lead which is double the price of an auto lead refund my money. If I had spent more I'd be taking them to court. I'm not stuck on principal, I just have a hard time letting someone steel or take advantage of me. I received 5 home leads in a row that were people that didn't own property. The properties were also not even on the market. I happen to have the phone numbers of two of the property owners and they were not shopping.
I honestly believe they send what every comes in just to generate revenue. As an insurance agent if I were to conduct business in this manner I'd be run out of town or locked up. If Hometown Quotes purchased a business policy and they were provided with half the liability coverage as they paid for, what would there reaction be if they filed a claim?
I'm just venting.

Bob Klee, the founder of Hometown Quotes is a member here. He's no longer active in the day to day operations, but he is still a board member. You might want to try reaching out to him and have him look into it!

Reactions: DHK
Hello everyone! Ive just started at New York Life and need help getting prospects or where to get leads!
I hate using my "warm market" alienating friends and family but I keep chasing my tail! SOS! HELP!!

Hello everyone! Ive just started at New York Life and need help getting prospects or where to get leads!
I hate using my "warm market" alienating friends and family but I keep chasing my tail! SOS! HELP!!
Have you ever caught it? :huh:

You should post this in the Life Insurance Forum. There are a lot of guys that have been with NYL that could help you there.

Welcome to the Forum, and good luck. :yes:

Back