New To This World.. Crazy World Is It..?

goillini52
Hi and thanks I'm glad to be here. i want to sell Med Supps because 1st- I love the older people. Mostly because both of my parents while they were living; were on very fixed incomes and they had medicare w/ a medicare supp. Seriously the supplement took care of everything that medicare didn't and they both were able to get the best of care during their last years. So, it's near and dear to my heart. i want to help the older people.

Focus on G & F Plans . . . N is okay if healthy and can avoid the co-pays.

Great luck to you Lin!

I'm just now really hearing more about FE. 1. I've heard some mixed reviews about Medicare Advantage. Mostly that it's not the best way to go for seniors; but I'm only basing that by word of mouth. Should I stay away from offering MA? Also, do I have a chance of being successful being an IA and will it be difficult for me to obtain appointments with Aetna, Mutual of Omaha, New Era & Medco. These look to be the most popular in TX for 2017? Also, being independent where do I get my start up leads for Med Supp? Should I partner with a broker? I just don't want to be in a commitment where I cant have my book of business.
Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Lin

FE can be cross-sold with Medicare Supplements. That's not a problem. Medicare Advantage has it's place and you should learn it at least just a little in the beginning so that the terms aren't foreign to you. I'm not talking about going through the process of contracting for them just yet, but learn some lingo.

Do read that "Medicare & You handboook". As a matter of fact, read it twice if you have to! There is also some other good stuff on the Medicare Website.

Unless you are looking for a local agency where you can get some hand-holding, you can visit MedicareTraining101.com and go through some training there.

Shameless plug: If you do need good contracts you can contact us. We do give releases, so no worries there. You remain totally independent.

You are also welcome to call me anytime for advice or help even if you don't put contract under us.

Thank you myinsurebiz. I haven't even gotten to take my training yet to sell Med Supp. I registered for my L & H License through the state of TX earlier this month and I'm still waiting to get them. I appreciate the advice on the Med Supp and the plans.

----------

Todd,
Thank you and I will certainly look into that. I've been a Banker selling Cash Management Services to companies for years. I may need some hand holding long enough to find out what tha Heck. HA. However, I know that I want to help people; mostly the older people. Once I get my license in and get my 4 hour training cert that will make me feel a little better.
Sincerely,
Lin

Thank you myinsurebiz. I haven't even gotten to take my training yet to sell Med Supp. I registered for my L & H License through the state of TX earlier this month and I'm still waiting to get them. I appreciate the advice on the Med Supp and the plans.

Sincerely,

Lin

Med Sups are easy and no hassles from CMS.

I know an awesome dude in Texas you can talk to about how to get started if you want above average Contracts. Holler if you want his #.

Good luck to you Lin. You got this!

I certainly appreciate that and i would like his number if possible. Thanks again for all the encouragement. I know the beginning is the hardest trying to press through..

I know an awesome dude in Texas you can talk to about how to get started if you want above average Contracts. Holler if you want his #.

Is this guy with one of the agencies you work with? Or refer to?

----------

Does he only do Medsupps for a living? If not he has no value to add to her? Is he a dabbler

----------

Does he only do Medsupps for a living? If not he has no value to add to her? Is he a dabbler

He is a Top Producer with verifiable #'s amongst a group of like minded Agents . . .

They specialize in SIWL, Med Supps and Annuities . . . No Medicare Advantage - that is all subbed out . . .

He is a Top Producer with verifiable #'s amongst a group of like minded Agents . . .

They specialize in SIWL, Med Supps and Annuities . . . No Medicare Advantage - that is all subbed out . . .

Edit......dude, you are..... amongst Lions.... ............

----------

Damn! It's Newby.:D

Last edited:

----------

Why do you put people down all the time and say they add no value?

Is it our ego that keeps you from seeing value?

Why do you put people down all the time and say they add no value?

Is it our ego that keeps you from seeing value?

I was filling in for someone JD. I personally think that his guy is leading a great team. However, figured _someone_ would ask if he sells MSs for a living or was a dabbler JD.

And yeah, it is one of our egos that keeps us from seeing value in other's methods. Till we adopt that method and it then becomes valuable.

Oh, good morning JD.

Back