New York Life / RIA, 65

Encrypted0502

Expert
Does anyone know if New York Life has an Agent contract available for an IAR that wants to contract for their proprietary fixed products?

Being an IAR has nothing to do with your question.

Does NYL offer agent broker contracts for licensed life agents? They do, but I believe they need to be 5-figure life premiums for initial contracting as a broker.

Sure it does. They may not want to contract me if I have a 65 considering it seems most of their contracts are career and not broker. They may require me to move my license to their RIA or something. They're an odd company with their distribution channels.

You can contract as a broker and not an agent.

Let me know if you have any questions - as pointed out - you must have at least $20k in premium.

Term isn't all that great - so it shouldn't really be an issue.

You can also find an agent who has been there couple years and see if they would write the case and 1099 you. When you get the broker contract, there are few things that you will miss compared to an agent contract. Underwriting can also be more stingy for a broker contract in my opinion. If you are thinking of using them frequently because of the credit rating, take a look at Mass, Guardian, ONL as well.

Back