Newbie and proud of it

May 9, 2008

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am new to this forum. Just wanted to say hi. I left insurance in 1990 to be a flight attendant for 18 years. I did a little life ins. in 2001-2003 when I got furloughed after 911. and now.....I'M BACK!!

I am contracted with UnitedHealth group and Colonial right now and Forrester's.

I keep changing my mind as to where I should start!!:huh:

Guest, May 9, 2008
  2. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Welcome back. Just tell your prospects that you want to seem them primarily to see to their insurance "safety" and not to pour them a drink.

Oh wait, I'm definitely confusing two professions.

Good luck. It's an interesting time for many facets of this industry.

Rick

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Guru

Good luck. I decided to assist my fellow boomers transition into retirement with LTC, MA for health and FIA - all to protect their nest egg.:cool:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Rick--
    I have read alot of your posts--you seem pretty knowledgeable--BTW, I use to live on Reseda and Ventura Blvd--your neck of the woods. My brother is your neighbor there in Studio City.

Also--you probably haven't flown anywhere lately--We don't serve food or pour drinks anymore. I was feeling pretty useless so I decided to go back into insurance.:D

Guest, May 10, 2008
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Appreciate the feedback. Yes--I did a little with United Healthcare last season--my first season. It was kind of a nightmare--they hired way too many agents and I recently spoke with the territory manager who promises that it will not be like that this year.

Quick question--would you pull a 65+ person off their group health and put them in a MA plan. Someone suggest I do that when I am prospecting bussinesses for group health. So the owner and employee can both save money. The coverage might not be there for them though--right?

Thanks again

Guest, May 10, 2008
  6. TimLett

TimLett Super Genius

State:
    Alabama
    Foresters??? Good company, but please tell us that you did not go through NAA. Say it ain't so, Moval.

TimLett, May 14, 2008
  7. Insurance Phoenix

Insurance Phoenix Super Genius

I hadn't heard the term Foresters for a very, very long time. They offered me a job many moons ago. Wow. The word brought back some old memories. Didn't even know they still existed.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

No--I did not contract through NAA. I am under a GA contract in Northern Cal. I did speak with an NAA rep last week--it all sounds so appealing. When he found out I was contracted with Forresters he wasnt too excited---I guess NAA also uses Old Mutual and they run alot of business through them I have learned to consult the forum for opportunities in insurance--they are usually spot on. NAA doesnt sound like the way to go. Are you with them? were with them?

I really want to start my own agency--I know it sounds like a pipe dream but I want to start out maybe with individual health and life and move into other areas. I have decided that worksite benefits is something that I will add to my portfolio but I dont think I can afford the long sales cycle.

Any advice would be helpful--as long as it's not self-serving.:laugh:

Guest, May 16, 2008
  9. Invain15

Invain15 Super Genius

Well make sure that you can gain as much knowledge as possible from the guys on this forum. They are all pretty knowledgeable. I personally know that you are going to have to gain as much knowledge as you possibly can with your GA and talk to quite a few people on the board when you feel that you are ready to make that hurdle.

Invain15, Jun 14, 2008