Newbie asking for advice about Record

@Al3x Lee I have been asking around at insurance companies because I had a claim several years back and most of them are telling me it will affect the insurance rate for 5 years , up to 7 years ( isn't thats crazy !?) because I have heard about 3 years als well. But I live in California.
Its kind of like a big deal with multiply cars and if it stays on there several years.

Not sure what carriers go back 7 years, 5 is usually the max. At least in Oregon, Washington and the PNW states I write in. I stay out of California though

Ok thank you for the info @fed up , so from what I see the Clue Report is with Lexis Nexis, I called them and froze my account with them hopeing nobody can report there . I got hit by making a left turn from up coming traffic ( going straight ) running a red light.
The Police came but couldn't make determine anything and the police report doesn't state anything . I hope this will work if not I will have to find out a way to fight this ( I mean not the accident which is already in litigation) but the decision of the insurance company ... If I have to, in court or with a lawyer to make sure my there will be no negative reporting on my record.
Your rate for most carriers will be increased for 3 years, the accident will show on your CLUE report for 5 years. You dont have a chance of stopping the report and you dont have a chance arguing with your carrier about posting it as At Fault or Not At Fault. You were making a left turn across traffic at an intersection. The obligation is on you to make sure the road was clear and the other driver is going to swear that the light was green and you came out of nowhere. Unless you have a handful of witnesses you will at least have Contributory Negligence. Plan on a 30 -40% increase in premium for the next 3 years

Back