Newly licensed in California. Any recommendations for final expense IMOs?

Jeeperz

Hi everyone! Been in sales the last 12 years and looking to jump ship to go full time independent insurance sales. I passed my test and am just waiting on my license. I’m looking at different IMOs right now. So far I’m most likely signing up with FFL based on the training and high comps. I’m looking to focus on final expense and then expand once I’ve got that mastered. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I’m very excited to get started and want to make sure I do this right. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! Been in sales the last 12 years and looking to jump ship to go full time independent insurance sales. I passed my test and am just waiting on my license. I’m looking at different IMOs right now. So far I’m most likely signing up with FFL based on the training and high comps. I’m looking to focus on final expense and then expand once I’ve got that mastered. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I’m very excited to get started and want to make sure I do this right. Thanks in advance!

The advice is always the same no matter where you go.

1. Sit in on a training session with SEVERAL IMOs to compare the quality and the fit for you.
2. Get commission grids from several and compare the actual numbers on the page. ALL IMO’s get up into the 150+% range for high multi-million dollar producing agencies. Don’t pay attention to that. What will they pay YOU as a starting agent? Will you make THOUSANDS of dollars more per month selling the exact same companies at other IMO? Numbers don’t lie (recruiters often do though) just compare them. It’s a simple math problem.
3. How much do you have to pay for brand new direct mail leads? Will YOUR leads EVER be resold? The only acceptable answer is NO.
4. Do they supply the latest and greatest quoting software for FE and Medicare for free? What about web based underwriting software? Who pays for that? You or the IMO? Are accurate answers to your underwriting questions at your fingertips in seconds? Do you have a text group with 100 of the highest producing agents in the country able to pitch in and help each other when you need?
5. Do HALF their agents earn company conventions each year? Or only a select few? How about multiple convention per year earners? Will you have full access to get to know and learn from them on a weekly basis?
6. Are you allowed to discuss your commission levels with anyone and everyone? Or is that taboo? Because everyone does not start on an even playing field and you have to “please the good ol’ boys” to make it into the good commission levels.
7. Do you have to sign a CONTRACT to join? (No, is the only acceptable answer). How about if you leave and want a release? What does that contract look like?
Study and compare agencies first. Then make your move and commit 100%.
I suggest that you start your research right here. Getting Started with FE Sales

Last edited:
So far I’m most likely signing up with FFL based on the training and high comps.

they don’t have any higher comp then any of the legit groups you’ll find here. FFL does a lot of good but they don’t specialize in FE. They lead with a non-competitive carrier, and lack a in house lead program.

Ask yourself...

Who will train me, and what’s there personal Track record of FE success?

How will I get in front of people? ..direct mail lead program ($28-32/per lead)

Will I be pushed to recruit/build a downline?

Give me a call I’m happy to expand further.

chris
215-582-8624

Back