News on Conseco?

My understanding is they may need a lot of capital to stay around. I tend to think they will either bust or need a buyer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
or plan A which is to hose the tax payer in a bailout but I doubt they are a big campaign contributor.

Nah...their not big enough. Could be another company sinking to the Indiana dept. of insurance. Maybe OneAmerica can buy them...same state.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

""""Hamilton County - On the same day that stocks had their worst start to March ever, ending at 12-year lows amid another bailout of insurance giant AIG, Carmel-based insurer Conseco reported a $406 million fourth-quarter loss compared to a $71 million loss a year ago. On top of that, the battered company's auditors raised concerns about Conseco's ability to even stay in business.""""

~Four-hundred six million~:skeptical:

From....
WTHR | Indianapolis -Conseco shares fall after 4th quarter loss

Looks like I need to find a new cancer policy now:skeptical:

Last edited:
There is no company I dislike more then Conseco Life.

I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited:
Conseco is a dog-turd company... with a list of whore-dog CEO's, that have been forced to resign one after another.
The had filed for Ch 11 back in 2002...

They have F'd up about everything that they put their paws on... including mobile home financing, and that is something you can't hardly miss at... but they did.

It was not long ago that the stock was 3 cent a share on this company. I remember when am best gave them a very low rating.
Most season agents remembers the history of this company and how they went and bought up all the smaller companies and trashed them. I remember how they went through a ton of money buying stupid things.

There is a very long boring story about them.

To save you some time, you could not pay me all the money in the world to work with Conseco Life. There is no company that I think is worse then Conseco Life.

All I have to say is " Burn Baby Burn"

damn Russ you just took a beating with shen too. sorry to here you had something here too.

I have quite a few Conseco Senior Health(formerly American Travellers), life policies with Conseco + some LTC policies that might as well be thrown in the garbage from what I'm reading. Have written their cancer plan for a few years. Looks like it could be over for them. At the rate I'm going it could be over for me before long......

Shenandoah Life.....gone.
Conseco.................going, going.....gone?
Who's next?

Last edited:
Back