No more Assurity FE

I don’t believe that at all I think the lack of true Social Security billkng comes from a disconnect between the company and the people that sell the product along with the people that buy it.
Some veteran agents may remember when companies were only drafting on particular days, which were only 4-5 times a month. This was before Wednesday SS paydays came along, and SS was always paid on the 3rd. One company was only submitting ACH drafts on Mondays. I remember complaining to different execs about this. I explained that with many clients, if the 3rd fell on Tuesday and they didn't draft until next Monday, they would go NSF. Their answer was, "Well, it's the client's responsibility to make sure the money stays there until we draft." Clear case of home office disconnect! (Fortunately, they finally got the point, and updated their system to handle daily drafts. But they still haven't gotten up to speed on Wednesday paydays!)

Had a lead today 68 female no-tobacco who was I thought a GI, but I decided to call Assurity. She has COPD, a pacemaker within the last 2 years, diagnosed with AFIB recently and took multiple medications. The only positive was she was not a diabetic. Spoke to an underwriter first and she said they were not concerned with AFIB or the pacemaker, but if it was a difibulator then it was a decline. The PHI took 41 minutes and it sounded like the rep and the applicant were getting a little too friendly at times. They even asked about drugs she no longer took. I wrote down the long list of prescriptions and the applicant spelled every one to the rep. After PHI was finally done I was handed the phone and was told approved level. I sure am going to miss Assurity.

Back