Nomad Agent

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Not sure if this is a tech hardware thread or remote insurance Best practices thread.

I am at the stage in my career that I am choosing lifestyle over work.

As such, my office desks are looking like my treadmill, before I gave it away, dusty and a catch all. Road trips, travel, coffee shops are my office now.

My desk top computer is still not hooked up since the move two years ago. Even my Surface Pro seems to big and unyielding. Same with my Full size Samsung tablet with data plan. I want to down size from a backpack to a sling for EDC.

My first question - Best 8(ish) inch options?
I have always been an Android guy and resisted Ipads because I didn't want to learn a new OS. However, it seems that if everything is on the cloud it should be easy, right? My cellphones have been Samsung Notes for years. So I am comfortable there already.

Suggestions?

Plusses for me would be good audio and video for travel entertainment.

Not sure if this is a tech hardware thread or remote insurance Best practices thread.

I am at the stage in my career that I am choosing lifestyle over work.

As such, my office desks are looking like my treadmill, before I gave it away, dusty and a catch all. Road trips, travel, coffee shops are my office now.

My desk top computer is still not hooked up since the move two years ago. Even my Surface Pro seems to big and unyielding. Same with my Full size Samsung tablet with data plan. I want to down size from a backpack to a sling for EDC.

My first question - Best 8(ish) inch options?
I have always been an Android guy and resisted Ipads because I didn't want to learn a new OS. However, it seems that if everything is on the cloud it should be easy, right? My cellphones have been Samsung Notes for years. So I am comfortable there already.

Suggestions?

Plusses for me would be good audio and video for travel entertainment.
Oh boy. I'm about to change your life:

They are f'ing awesome.

I was looking for another monitor for travel (I have one but it's small) and I kept envisioning lugging that thing around everywhere then a buddy suggested those.

They are a game changer.

I have a couple flights coming up. I imagine they would be great on cross country flights also.

Can you interact with the content? Such as in websites and eapps?

It's just like a giant screen for your phone/laptop.

There is also audio but I always have that muted b/c it is audible to others.

That works. My audio is usually bt'd into my hearing aids, yes I'm that old, or my Shokz.

You are mostly telesales, right? Traveling are you using a laptop or tablet?

That works. My audio is usually bt'd into my hearing aids, yes I'm that old, or my Shokz.

You are mostly telesales, right? Traveling are you using a laptop or tablet?
I wear a few hats but everything has been remote for almost 15 years now.

Laptop (surface) only on the road.

I have 3 different sized backpacks depending on my travel (day vs overnight vs multiple days).

Yeah, this remote office stuff is a challenge.

Forgot my laptop, so just a cellphone to work on.

The struggle is real.

View attachment 14453

Please be careful. Dont get too close to the rail. That looks really dangerous. If you fall over, you might land in that beautiful water.

The good news is, if you can't figure out how to work on your cell phone, you can just not work, and enjoy the scenery. The work will still be there tomorrow, or the next day.

Back