Non Standard Book of Business

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi folks,

First time posting but been reading the forum for about a year now. I have a question and need some advice. I work as a sales producer for Allstate but my goal is to be an agency owner. I have explored the opportunities with all the captive companies but i want to be an independent broker.

I have been looking for opportunities to buy out a brokerage but haven't had much luck. However, I just found someone who is trying to part with a portion of their book of business. Its their non standard book of business. The company he writes these policies through is with a company I would like to offer. My question is, is this a good way to get my foot in the door and get an appointment? What I like about this situation is that hes not asking for much which is good cause i dont have much but also its enough for me to get started and work hard and grow. I will have a meeting with them soon.

Any advice, direction or past experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
AJ

Non-Standard Agencies are not worth as much as preferred agencies simply because the life of a policy is so much shorter than with a preferred agency. There are a lot of factors that will determine the price, but it is a good way to get your foot in the door of the Independent world since preferred agencies tend to be sold to other existing preferred agencies. Also do your due diligence and make sure you can keep the agency appointments.

Back