Not Liking P and C World ...now Captive

bluelinebroker

Decided to go captive With Shelter insurance. Good company but Im use to securities and annuites to make money. 10% as a scratch agent is bad. Now the decision is looking for options. The medicare sells is a good fall campaign, maybe healthcare too. Anyone have connections with broker/dealer for agent with not proof of producution ? Also any words of wisdom is welcomed. Shoot maybe just do FE sells. I am 7, 63,65, life, health, property, and cas

Short term money= Life and Health. Long Term money = P&C. 10% commissions are awesome when you have been selling for 10 years and have a 90% retention rate.

10% is low for P&C, but I suspect their are bonuses that will bring you back to a more typical P&C commission.

As SuperNewbie said, P&C is a long term game. When you are getting paid on 5, 10 or even 15 years worth of clients, it turns into some serious money. Also, much easier to build an office with employees who produce for you.

But yes, I do understand the fun in the quick fix that life and annuity commissions bring.

10% is low for P&C, but I suspect their are bonuses that will bring you back to a more typical P&C commission.

As SuperNewbie said, P&C is a long term game. When you are getting paid on 5, 10 or even 15 years worth of clients, it turns into some serious money. Also, much easier to build an office with employees who produce for you.

But yes, I do understand the fun in the quick fix that life and annuity commissions bring.

There is one other benefit that I didn't consider when switching to commercial insurance 5 years ago.

This has been a tough year because of 5 surgeries, including being unable to work through January- March of this year and being in the hospital 38 days. Those P&C commissions keep rolling in regardless of me being off. That is better than disability insurance because I received my full pay during that time.

Back