Number of Agencies

Most agents don't like home office hacks. Also, you obviously haven't even done the most basic of research.

Here is a hint, if State Farm has 18,000 agents, it has roughly 18,000 agencies. Each agent has his or her own agency. That is how they operate.

Wow...was that, that tough? I came to the "Insurance Forums" thinking that you all may be helpful, being the industry professionals that you are. If this kind of attitude and these assumptions about my unpreparedness are the norm, I came to the wrong place. As a matter of fact, I'm aware of two State Farm agency owners from where I used to live that have 2 additional salespeople in their offices. So, why would I assume a 1:1 ratio? FWIW, I wouldn't think to call you out or make condescending comments or accusations about you and your approach, but that's me. Thanks for your help.

Wow...was that, that tough? I came to the "Insurance Forums" thinking that you all may be helpful, being the industry professionals that you are. If this kind of attitude and these assumptions about my unpreparedness are the norm, I came to the wrong place. As a matter of fact, I'm aware of two State Farm agency owners from where I used to live that have 2 additional salespeople in their offices. So, why would I assume a 1:1 ratio? FWIW, I wouldn't think to call you out or make condescending comments or accusations about you and your approach, but that's me. Thanks for your help.

What is really sad is that had you asked your client, they would have given you all this information. And they'd even tell you what those sales people are, and its not agents.

Or are you just bs'ing about doing this for State Farm?

Wow...was that, that tough? I came to the "Insurance Forums" thinking that you all may be helpful, being the industry professionals that you are. If this kind of attitude and these assumptions about my unpreparedness are the norm, I came to the wrong place. As a matter of fact, I'm aware of two State Farm agency owners from where I used to live that have 2 additional salespeople in their offices. So, why would I assume a 1:1 ratio? FWIW, I wouldn't think to call you out or make condescending comments or accusations, but that's me. thanks for your help.

First there is no such thing as a State Farm agency owner....To be an owner one would own their book of business and have the right to sell it. That does not exist in the State Farm system. The Agent is the one with thier name on the door the other licensed sales people are just that they are licensed producers....

Actually let me take back the no agency owner part...because in a way they are owners...They own the debt and obligations ie they own the lease payments, they own the debt service but they DO NOT own the revenue stream on those policies.

What is really sad is that had you asked your client, they would have given you all this information. And they'd even tell you what those sales people are, and its not agents.

Or are you just bs'ing about doing this for State Farm?

"What's really sad?" "My client?" What client? What are you talking about and where are you getting this stuff? I said this was a project aimed at the insurance companies. There is no client yet. It's becoming obvious to me where the hostility and seeming frustrations stem from, not to mention, why you have time to sit on the forum and belittle people.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First there is no such thing as a State Farm agency owner....To be an owner one would own their book of business and have the right to sell it. That does not exist in the State Farm system. The Agent is the one with thier name on the door the other licensed sales people are just that they are licensed producers....

Actually let me take back the no agency owner part...because in a way they are owners...They own the debt and obligations ie they own the lease payments, they own the debt service but they DO NOT own the revenue stream on those policies.

Thanks Peter....I appreciate the info.

Last edited:
Cardo there are about 18k state farm agents and about 11k Allstate agency owners around. What are you selling. you keep picking on Volagent..he is trying to help your sorry ass.

In your context, define 'agency'.
When State Farm says they have 18000 agents, they use that to mean 18000 agencies, with producers, staff members and an agent/(somewhat) owner.

There are cases where 2 state farm agents share a location, but under the hood, that is 2 state farm agencies that share some resources. I see this a lot more often with Farmers, but in my neighborhood there are some resource sharing statefarm agents as well.

Dan

Back