Of the Following Annuity Companies, what 2 Shall ...

I want up to 5 companies to sell as my foundation, so I am looking for the most competitive in the market.

Most competitive in the market with what?

Commission to dfgrier?
Riders? (which again is too subjective)
minimums rate?
company stability rating?
popularity-Overall sales by particular product and/or company?

All this is easily accessible information to find, and changes periodically.
Find what you're looking for and enjoy.

... I add to my 'most competitive' list to sell, and why I should add them?

I am here in Ohio.

I am already signed up with National Western Life to sell, and I am about to get started in the areas of rolling over 401K to annuity and converting CDs to annuities.

I want up to 5 companies to sell as my foundation, so I am looking for the most competitive in the market.

American Equity
Americo
Allianz
Assurity Life Insurance
Athene Annuity
Aviva Life & Annuity
AXA Equitable
Baltimore Life
Bankers Life
EquiTrust
Fidelity & Guaranty Life
Forethought Financial Group
Guggenheim Life & Annuity
ING
Legacy Insurance Services
National Western Life
North American
Oxford
Phoenix
Sentinel

Like others have said, it will depend on the particular situation, but speaking in general terms, assuming you want options with both accumulation and income, I would suggest the following.

Allianz Preferred
Equitrust Wealth Max Bonus (actually a simplified IUL that works like an annuity)
Americo
F&G
American Equity

These will get you started and should do a good job covering a lot of what you will run into selling annuities, but again, depending on the situation, there may be something else that would be a better solution.

Five companies

1. Athene Benefit 10 for qualified money - RMD Solution, Income, Death Benefit, Impaired Risk Increase, Nursing Home Payout of Income Account. This is a heavy benefit product that can offer many things to a client for their savings.

2. One America - Offers a hybrid product that you can use with qualified money that provides a tax free benefit and LTC/Impaired Risk (2/6 ADL) coverage for BOTH the husband and spouse. Great place for a portion of Qualified funds to protect that "What If" and it is ROP.

3. National Western - Ultra Classic good accumulation product, simple crediting method and good liquidity option of 50% cumulative withdrawals and 5X5 annuitization.

4. North American/ Midland - they not at the top when it comes to benefit, but are competitive and offer some good benefit. I like the Secure Choice product.

5. Accumulation Story - Back to the Basics - Liberty Mark and Legend Mark

6. Income Rider - F&G Secure Income Plus

7. Older Clients - Americo and Great American (ROP)

Could run all day with pretty much every scenario with these. I could make a case for 5 to 7 others as well.

The thing to do is choose carriers and products that you believe in and feel confident that can protect and provide the benefits your clients are looking for.

With Qualified Money you usually have to look at Income, RMD's, protecting to pass to beneficiaries. Another good thing to look at with Qualified funds is leveraging those funds - eg. Life Insurance, Life Insurance with Living Benefits, etc...

Just my thoughts. There are many great thoughts on here. Pick what works and feels best for your clients.

Five companies

1. Athene Benefit 10 for qualified money - RMD Solution, Income, Death Benefit, Impaired Risk Increase, Nursing Home Payout of Income Account. This is a heavy benefit product that can offer many things to a client for their savings.

2. One America - Offers a hybrid product that you can use with qualified money that provides a tax free benefit and LTC/Impaired Risk (2/6 ADL) coverage for BOTH the husband and spouse. Great place for a portion of Qualified funds to protect that "What If" and it is ROP.

3. National Western - Ultra Classic good accumulation product, simple crediting method and good liquidity option of 50% cumulative withdrawals and 5X5 annuitization.

4. North American/ Midland - they not at the top when it comes to benefit, but are competitive and offer some good benefit. I like the Secure Choice product.

5. Accumulation Story - Back to the Basics - Liberty Mark and Legend Mark

6. Income Rider - F&G Secure Income Plus

7. Older Clients - Americo and Great American (ROP)

Could run all day with pretty much every scenario with these. I could make a case for 5 to 7 others as well.

The thing to do is choose carriers and products that you believe in and feel confident that can protect and provide the benefits your clients are looking for.

With Qualified Money you usually have to look at Income, RMD's, protecting to pass to beneficiaries. Another good thing to look at with Qualified funds is leveraging those funds - eg. Life Insurance, Life Insurance with Living Benefits, etc...

Just my thoughts. There are many great thoughts on here. Pick what works and feels best for your clients.
Not a huge deal but just for the sake of accuracy if people were to look. I assume you meant Safe Income Plus as Secure Income Plus is a AIG product.

Back