Ohio Agents Needed - Mobile Insurance App Pilot

website says they are their own carrier, and do their own underwriting.

It might say that.... but they are not registered with the state to do that. Unless they are registered under a different carrier name, the state of Ohio knows nothing about 'Root'.

So, if they are writing and issuing policies, they have to be doing it under a different carrier.

Dan

I'd like clarity from the company. From the people at the company, they are a bit short to be a carrier, at least in my perspective.

A bit of research is why I'm way curious on this. They have a total of $500K in funding from March 2015. This won't work as a carrier. They may have more funding coming with some approvals.

It just seems way premature to market this if its not submitted to the DOI yet. Or, more likely, they are using this in conjunction with another carrier who is actually underwriting it.

They also claim this is available in Ohio already. I'm confused.

Dan

Hi Dan,

ROOT is the Carrier. We have built a brand new insurance company from the ground up. We have spent the past 2 years securing the funding and the team to make this a reality. We are completing our state filings now and are looking to work with a small group of agents in 2016 to introduce the ROOT to the world.

Do you have any other questions I can answer?

What states are you filing in?
Do you have any approvals yet?

What is the actual carrier name? I couldn't find any submitted filings under 'Root' though I didn't look very hard and might have missed them.

Dan

Back