Old School Agents

Another thing that changed...

In the past you did well, proved yourself and got promoted. Today, you just wait for the person above you to screw up and then you take his position.

We are dealing with people who want it all and they want it all now. Look at emailing and text messaging. Personal contact is falling behind to both of these.

Bob, That 7 miles thing got me to thinking. I live within 7 miles of the hospital that I was born in, my elementary school, my junior high and high school. The church I grew up in, my church today, every job I ever held, and the house I grew up in. Dang, I wonder what's out there at 8 miles!

I live in one of the top five counties in size in my state, but the county population is below 49,000. I understand that the way the big city guys do business is vastly different than the way us country cousins work.

I live within 7 miles of the hospital that I was born in, my elementary school, my junior high and high school. The church I grew up in, my church today, every job I ever held, and the house I grew up in. Dang, I wonder what's out there at 8 miles!

Craigslist relationship building . . .

I live in one of the top five counties in size in my state, but the county population is below 49,000

You must live in Wyoming. What are there, maybe 100,000 folks in the entire state (not counting the sheep of course).

P and C business is small towns is still like that. Everyone knows the handful of agents and in town and the agents all know when each person has a renewal.

Health Insurance is a little different. It's a smaller piece of the pie and you have to go outside the small town to make a good living.

Bob, That 7 miles thing got me to thinking. I live within 7 miles of the hospital that I was born in, my elementary school, my junior high and high school. The church I grew up in, my church today, every job I ever held, and the house I grew up in. Dang, I wonder what's out there at 8 miles!

I live in one of the top five counties in size in my state, but the county population is below 49,000. I understand that the way the big city guys do business is vastly different than the way us country cousins work.

I can say almost the same thing, as long as you make this 7000 miles :)
Born in New Jersey, went to school in Ohio and Kentucky, currently live in California. Lived in Hawaii for a while..... just can't make a living there.

Dan

Back