Once Licensed, WHERE can I find Health General Agents? I'm NJ

insurancedoc

Expert
Hoping to get some advice.

Once my L&H License arrives, where do I start to find a good GENERAL AGENT to affiliate with. I am in NJ but I don't know if it matters where the GA will be located.

I want to be independent & will be working from home.

I am learning so much from this forum including the BASIC's posted by healthagent guru. I plan to join IHIAA as well.

I already found a possible good IMO for the LIFE side. ( Innovative Marketing Strategies out of CA)

But I am looking for a GA for the Health side. One that offers support & some training.

I came across one GA called : Health General Agent

( If anyone has feedback on them, hope you can share)

But trying to find a couple more GA's to at least compare.

If need be, I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks for all your support. This forum is great for the industry.:biggrin:

Thanks for your reply Munch3.

The companies you provided also happen to be all within 10-15 miles from me. I appreciate it.

I just had one follow-up question for you or anyone who may care to respond. This might be a very basic question but I'd rather be sure.

I noticed that All these GA's specialize or seem Focused on GROUP.

Since I am planning to focus on Individual plans targeting the Self-Employed & the individual health needs of the Small Business owner's family ( hopefully doing majority of the selling online), DOES IT MATTER that these GA's seem focused on GROUP ? ( or is that really how it is. And/or I should be looking at Group sales as well)

Thanks in advance.

I have only dealt with group in NJ, so I can't tell you too much about how well these companies do individual. I can only vouch for the excellence of Savoy in the group market.

I know of one other, but I can't remember the name. I will try to find it when I get to the office tomorrow.

The best advice I can give is to start calling them and see what they have to offer.

I am the owner of Health General Agent

I can definitely help you out with advance commissions in almost all states. Unfortunately New Jersey is not one of them. As far as I know I don't believe you can sell individual insurance in New Jersey. If anyone knows anything different please let me know.

If you're looking to sell outside the state please email me at [email protected] or call me 888-877-3989

Thanks for your response SalesWolf. I assume this is Wesley ?
See Wes,, I'm promoting your successful biz in the forum. :)
Congratulations on your success in the Insurance business.

Yes, you're absolutely right about NJ. I spoke to one IMO & one GA yesterday & they both adviced me that NJ is pretty much All GROUP. Thus, I should look into marketing into multiple states outside of NJ if I want to focus on Individual. Since many agents are pretty much selling Individual over the phone & the internet, it should not be an issue.

I will definitely reach out to you. I am just trying to get the Licensing out of the way. Also busy downgrading my commercial space & operations for my mortgage biz. I will give you a CALL once I get the Licensing & the mortgage biz done with. It was nice to hear from you. Thanks again.

Back