Online quotes

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Rollout of new website and social media program has begun to increase our online quote requests considerably. One issue we're also seeing is the re-connect issue with online shoppers, my staff is missing quite often on connection to gather additional info. Wondering if any here have dealt with that in an effective way. Our carriers are mostly regionals who do not participate with comparative raters so using the ezlynz quote engine is not an option. Considering having our web designers create a quick quote form that requires more time and info. I'm thinking that this will sort out the tire kickers from the real prospects. Just a thought at this point.

Would enjoy hearing others thoughts on solving this situation.

Our carriers are mostly regionals who do not participate with comparative raters so using the ezlynz quote engine is not an option.

Do you represent any of the carriers on ezlynz?

I am not a P&C guy, strictly Medicare. But I do have a quote engine on my site, allowing visitors to run rates on about half a dozen carriers. I rarely write business with those carriers but I find that giving folks the chance to run their own numbers is good business.

Before they can see a rate they have to fill in certain information. That is captured and emailed to me. I use THAT as a way to contact them.

So many folks don't want to talk to an agent so they rarely fill out a quote request. If they do complete it they may put bogus contact info.

For every 10 people that fill in the form and run their own rates maybe 8 of them are duds or out of state. I usually sell one of the remaining two.

Some agents will not put a quote engine on their site for fear of "losing control".

That's a bunch of bull in my opinion.

Just because someone lands on your site doesn't mean they are YOUR prospect. Until you can make contact and start a conversation they are just a bypasser.

I have used a quote engine paired with an auto-responder for probably 20 years. It has always worked well for me but you need to have a follow up system and understand most folks looking for a quote will never become your client.

Good stuff..thanks

And, yes...two of our carriers participate with ezlynz...we are researching accessibility to that data so we can follow up with additional quotes. Then it simply becomes a matter of "man hours" invested vs hit ratio at that stage.

Have you tried to drip market or nurture captured leads to try warming them up? Or is it a "one and done" type approach?

Sounds like you need some automation, also setting appointments will help.

Whenever we do this for someone, it helps out tremendously.

Have you tried to drip market or nurture captured leads to try warming them up? Or is it a "one and done" type approach?

I ALWAYS use drip marketing and it works. Visitors are provided access to a lot of information on my site and YT channel. The channel gives them an opportunity to see the face behind the voice on the phone while educating them in subtle ways.

My initial form email (not auto-generated) includes a report with rates for all carriers in their area. I point out they will not see this kind of report anywhere. They will need to agree to a 10 minute phone consult if they want information on a specific plan.

Seems to work quite well.

Folks love to buy but they hate to be sold.

Ezlynx seems to have the best online quote engine to generate leads with all the details you need to run a quote. As Somarco said, you really need to have an online quote tool in order to do the whole online lead generation gig.

Closing rates on online auto insurance leads are horrible nowadays. It just takes a strong stomach and a lot of persistence.

Back