Only 7 Months!

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I find it very hard to believe that we are only 7 months a way from the exchanges being fully operational.

I keep thinking about Star Wars and when the death star is about to go "fully operational." I said that with my best Darth Vader Voice.

Time flies! For those that got out, it will be a fun time seeing what happens. For others, it may still be fun. And busy.

And for those of us that handle multiple states,I say BRING IT ON AND GET OUT!

The broker's role is still unclear but the fog is starting to settle. Get ready!

It depend on the Federal Exchange comp for brokers.
There was hearing today in D.C. about carving agent comp out of the MLR. At least the politicians are still talking about us.

If the exchange give a fair comp then I think I will get large.

The private exchanges are not eligible for subsidies. You can count those out. Only the National Carrier will be able to develop them with narrow networks that look like an HMO.

There is a chance that the small broker has huge success.

There is definitely a chance that the small broker will have huge success. It is not the strong that survive, but those who adapt. Many GOT OUT at the first, more have been standing idly on the sidelines. If you're prepared, and educated, and have a solid base to live on during the transition, and if you work hard this could be the biggest windfall of your career. Or..... it could be the Titanic. (violin music playing in the background).

this could be the biggest windfall of your career. Or..... it could be the Titanic. (violin music playing in the background).

Its sad that no one is being up front with you about your future. It is equally sad that there isn't enough data out there for you to determine whether or not this is a viable way to make a living. This is why I say Titanic.

If there was good news out there for IFP brokers, the carriers, NMO's, IMO's, and FMO's would be singing it from the mountain top. Through deductive reasoning, I've concluded that their plan is to cut you (the IFP Broker) out. If they tell you the bad news now, you'll put up a stink and they don't want to deal with that. They prefer to dangle an imaginary carrot in front of you, and spring the bad news to you at the last min.

The markets speak louder than words. Those of you wishing for a bonanza will be disappointed. If there was a bonanza to be had, all the major health insurance companies would be going mad trying to recruit. NMO's IMO's FMO's would be flooding your inbox and cold calling you like crazy by now. That's just not happening. Its not happening because there is nothing to be had.

$50 one time enrollment commission. That's my prediction...

Back