Opening Call Center & Need Some Final Touches

hi guys,

Right now looks like I’ll be opening a 15-seat Final Expense call center with a few other lead publishers in Los Angeles. We’ll be planning to scale to 30 people quite quickly.

So first things first, I’ve considered starting out using Prosperity Life, Foresters, Sentinnel Life for their tele-applications but I want to get some feedback from you guys.

First, does anybody know of a WL carrier that will take debit cards (not limited to direct express) that can also be sold over the phone?

We will be taking approximately 2250 inbound calls each week and I am projecting initial first week numbers at 300 policies. Does anybody know any carrier insurers that can assist us in allowing taking credit card payments through a trust account? Thanks
If you don't have the answers to this already you should NOT be trying to open a call center. You will lose money the first 2 years, workers comp, EDD and taxes will kill you in CA. GI and DE will also kill your business. Legalities of inbound calls may also kill your business. Cancels will also kill your business. But you should know this before you even attempt to open a call center. JMHO. Good luck though its a great business and you can make a ton of money.

If you don't have the answers to this already you should NOT be trying to open a call center. You will lose money the first 2 years, workers comp, EDD and taxes will kill you in CA. GI and DE will also kill your business. Legalities of inbound calls may also kill your business. Cancels will also kill your business. But you should know this before you even attempt to open a call center. JMHO. Good luck though its a great business and you can make a ton of money.

I agree with this!

i also hope you have at least a half a million in the bank that you are ready to invest throughout the next 12 months because come month 4-7 you will really need it because the CB's will be coming in hard...

telesales is a tough tough market... i do wish you the best of luck and maybe you can crack the code that so many come up short on...

my advice from my five years of doing it is:

1. make sure each caller has a min of five hours of talk time
  2. never let your people do draft dates on any day other than SSI billing
  3. if an agent ever puts the draft out 30 days when they don't have to fire them
  4. don't accept netspend or direct express
  5. get a really good retention person... that is the most important person
  6. pay extra bonuses on any app that is draft immediately

good luck you need it

Latest posts

Back