P&C and Public adjusters

Ins155

Expert
I'd like to know everyones opinions on Public Adjusters. I know everyone says its not just about selling the insurance, its also about helping people and being there after the sale. I cannot tell you how many horror stories I've heard about "insurance adjusters" that flat out lie to people when they have a claim telling them they are not covered for a specific property damage when they absolutely were covered. Or try to low ball them into signing an agreement for thousands less then they truly were entitled to. Just curious, cause in alot of these cases if it were'nt for the public adjuster stepping in and helping the consumer they would have absolutely been ripped off by a clever insurance adjuster who clearly had his own interests in mind.

Last edited:
Public Adjuster can only work with insurance claims related to personal, business and automobile property damages. Life insurance and other types of health insurances claims cannot be handled by a Public Adjuster. Also, most states require every Public Adjuster to be licensed and bonded in order to represent any policyholder in the respective State.

publicadjustersearch.com

Public Adjuster can only work with insurance claims related to personal, business and automobile property damages. Life insurance and other types of health insurances claims cannot be handled by a Public Adjuster. Also, most states require every Public Adjuster to be licensed and bonded in order to represent any policyholder in the respective State.

publicadjustersearch.com

Whats your point? Just because a public adjuster has to be licensed and bonded, doesn't mean they are going to be any looser w/the insurance companies money.

I have found the climate changing. I am sure there are adjusters that are extremely $ oriented in disposing of a claim. However, I see that more and more are measured on how many claims they settle as a priority to saving the ins. co. money, therfore reducing the incentive for the adjuster to "rip off" the policy holder. And, yes, most policy holders do not know a Public Adjuster exhists, and yes, a PA would benefit the policy holder and also the ins. co. RC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In reply to publicadjuster01, PA's in the states I am licensed in cannot deal with auto claims unless it is a casualty of a property claim.........RC

Last edited:
Back