P&C General Agency or Marketer?

I own an agency. It is me and my assistant. We have a group health book as well as a Medicare book and are located in NJ.

I am looking to get involved in P&C because I think I am leaving a lot of business on the table.

Any recommendations? I am looking to be able to offer a number of different companies so that I am competitive a majority of the time. I have quite a few relationships and if I can be competitive then I am confident I can get a majority of the business that comes my way.

I am thinking that some sort of general agency will enable me to offer a number of different companies without prior production, however, I want to be able to offer individual auto and home insurance and not only commercial P&C. Does anyone have any recommendations as to general agencies or marketing organizations that will give me access to many different companies, from the first day that I get set up with them, on both the individual and commercial sides of the business so that I can be competitive in most instances as well as be able to BOR policies? I also want to own the business so that I can take the book with me when I get enough personal production.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where in nj are you. check out agencyequity.com he has a lot of information. Look in the p&c section here, or use the search feature. Look up superior acess, smart choice. that should keep you reading for a while.

Back