P&C into Health and Life....

"How is the aforementioned rather forward? It seems to follow Sales 103. Do you prefer to do things differently?"

Of course, there is no correct method, but use different terminology when asking for the application. If I have just spoken to someone twice over a two-day period, some prospects will find it "forward" if you ask them to buy something that quickly.

My approach in that situation is something like (and I'm paraphrasing)..."If we apply for coverage, there will be some medical questions to answer but no physical is required. If you feel you are ready, I'll be happy to ask you the questions."

Again...that's just my style. Different, but not right or wrong. As I mentioned to him...if his system works...keep doing it. Mine works for me. And I assume your system works for you.

"How is the aforementioned rather forward? It seems to follow Sales 103. Do you prefer to do things differently?"

Of course, there is no correct method, but use different terminology when asking for the application. If I have just spoken to someone twice over a two-day period, some prospects will find it "forward" if you ask them to buy something that quickly.

My approach in that situation is something like (and I'm paraphrasing)..."If we apply for coverage, there will be some medical questions to answer but no physical is required. If you feel you are ready, I'll be happy to ask you the questions."

Again...that's just my style. Different, but not right or wrong. As I mentioned to him...if his system works...keep doing it. Mine works for me. And I assume your system works for you.

I really like your approach. I normally have the client pick the plan first and then the rate. Afterwards I explain the application process as simple as possible and ask who they would like to have as the primary cardholder on policy.

My goal is new business all together. They'll be small business owners around the area. I'm just about to start this on Tuesday, and I've already got a few leads trickling in from where my agent is starting to promote it.

Back