PacifiCare- California Confused By Them- Are They a Viable Option

Agent-California

Hello I am learning my way through things being new. In preparation I got an appointment with PacifiCare a few months back and I obtained a direct link for my website to them for quotes and online application etc.
Recent I attempted to run quotes via the link - it didn't work so I went to the agent portal directly through their website same thing didn't work.
I than called brokers services they stated that they no longer are providing online quotes? I inquired further they also no longer are providing online applications. I inquired further no brochures available online either? Than I asked if a Rep was available in the area for assistance/guidance They stated no. Thinking this sure sounds like they are not really interested in being in business in California I asked if they were pulling out of California she stated not to her knowledge. I than asked if there was a UHC division in California for individual and she stated that PacifiCare was it.

So even though in my mind I thought that given their current business practices this probably would not be a company to try to send business to. I thought I might as well go through the motions and see what I discover with respect to products and rates as their might be great rates or products I would miss out on if i didn't.
I asked about qouting/ Prescreening/ brochures for a prospective client and she said that is handled over the phone too So I gave her my clients info, she emailed me some brochures and accepted my order of Printed brochures. and I was to be contacted back within 24-24 with prescreen.

It has been over a week No response yet on prescreen and no brochures in the mail yet. Emails came right away though.

So what is the deal with them. Are they getting phased out? Does UHC have another "division" operating in California for the individual market I can/should get appointed with. Any insight on PacifiCare is appreciated .
Thanks
Agent-California

Last edited:
Re: PacifiCare- California Confused By Them- Are They a Viable Op

PacifiCare has been a waste of time in CA for several years now.

Contact me and I'll be happy to chat with you.

Rick

Back